Network security

zag1402

What are your thoughts and opinions on network security and software???? How easy is it for someone to gain control of your PC? Is it something you're worried about??? How do you guard yourself against this??? Can anyone recomend some good software that can combat the hackers????
and what is oposite side to this ie what is good hacking software

The best thing to do is keep your computer virus and malware free, also keep your computer updated using Windows Update. The firewall with XP/Vista/Win 7 is good enough for most people. If you have a wireless router and you use the wireless part, wake sure its encrypted with WEP2. If you don't use it like me, turn the wireless off completely.

good input dustin
the reason for the post was i had a mate come to me with problems with his pc
when i ran my avast on it he had ........... 1237 infections WOW.... lol no a\v.
always update yes good one but i was told that xp firewalls are not that good net sheild is heaps better
so what are the top 3 a/v avast, norton, so on, i find norton too demanding on the computer

I have been using Avast for years and don't plan on changing to anything else. As for firewalls, i just use what comes with windows.

Back