New AMD drivers for Radeon 4670 HD won't recognize my GPU

Pink

Ok so, if i install drivers back from when AMD still used the ATI name, it works. (drivers such as 10-4, 10-5, 10-6.)

But when i install a new driver (from 10-10 upwards) it'll restart my pc, and then say that ccc cannot open because my gpu is incompatible with the driver.
I recently formatted my pc with a dual boot xp 32, sp3, and before i formatted, the drivers would work fine. so what do i do?

Be sure to install .NET Framework 1.1 before installing CCC. You can find it through Windows Update. If you don't want to install .NET Framework, you can install the driver only (without CCC).

Ok, i think i didn't explain myself properly.

It's not a problem with CCC, it's a problem with the driver. i can install the new AMD ccc and it'll recognize older (10-4) drivers, but it won't recognize newer drivers. not only that, but my computer won't recognize it either, as it won't let me set the bit depth higher than 6 bit, or the resolution higher than 640 - 480...

I have .net 1, 2, and 3 installed, didn't make any difference.. plus i checked my event viewer; no events has been registered related to this

Anyone heard of this problem before? it doesn't sound like it should be that complicated, but it stumped me...

I agree that it shouldn't be this complicated. Did you also reinstall the chipset drivers (and LAN, sound, etc.) after reinstalling Windows? Try uninstalling the graphics driver from Add and Remove Programs.

Also, for each operating system you are installing separate graphics drivers, correct?

Yup. i installed every single driver. the Processor drivers, audio, lan.. everything works fine. and as i said, older drivers work fine too, it's just those new AMD brand drivers (10-10 upwards).

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a million times, i have to rollback each time.

I have only one os, Win xp 32 SP3.

Weird. So which package have you tried using? I just download the whole package - Catalyst Software Suite, when I update the drivers. There's also the individual download route. Have you tried both and failed?

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a million times, i have to rollback each time.

After the uninstall, it reverts to a previous version of ATI driver or the basic Windows VGA driver?

Alright, since i hate searching the internet for solutions, get into links to forums, and find out the guy just stopped posting when he got his problem fixed, i`m gonna explain what i did to fix this.

Driver Sweeper. i cleaned my pc of video drivers from AMD, and just reinstalled it. Problem is, it keeps mucking things up when i switch CCC's. so i leave the old (11.8) ccc, and just install the drivers.

Thanks for the update. Not quite a total fix but at least you're able to install the latest drivers. Which is the important part.

Back