New BSOD this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolink

Powered on my computer this morning. Windows starts to load. Desktop image appears and bang.

STOP: C000021a (Fatal System Error) The windows logon process system process
terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xC0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down.

Turn the computer on again and now it is normal. No minidump was generated and no system error in Eventlog was created. This BSOD never happened to me.

Anyone?

0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

Have you scanned for malware, etc.? Have you modified the system administrator?

Route44 said:
0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

Have you scanned for malware, etc.? Have you modified the system administrator?

No, I didn´t modified the system administrator. Scanned with Spybot, Adaware, NIS2008 and windows Live one care online scanner with no problems. This is the first time that this BSOD appear. Do you know how can I solve it?

OK, I´ll see if this problem continues and then repair windows.
I´ve read some posts over the net that a pendrive plugged into the USB port may cause some windows start problems. I don´t know if this is true, but when this 21A BSOD happened to me this morning, my USB pendrive was plugged.

I´ll try later. Now I´m working with the PC and can´t reboot. I hate these intermittent problems. It is a lot more easy if these problems occurs in a certain situation, not randomly..

Thanks man!!

I think I know what happened. Yesterday I deleted some font files (c:\windows\fonts) and shutdown the computer. Today I powered on and the 21A BSOD appear at startup. Do you think that caused the problem too?

No, no problems so far this morning. I think it is the font issue. But now I returned all fonts to the folder... Lets see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back