New build completed, but second hdd not recognised by os?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob2006ty

Hi I just completed my second homebuild, I installed windows 7 pro and have been running it for over two weeks now, (got it pre release from msdna for free, thats right free, gotta love being a student, as many copies of 7, vista, xp and visual studio, and tons of other cool software for nada.)

anyway:
asus m4a78-e mobo
8gb (4x2gb) ddr3 ram
amd phenom II 945 3.0ghz quad core processor.
xfx hd 4850 1gb gddr3 gpu 256 bit with 512mb onboard already
2 x 500gb hitachi deskstar hdd's
sunbeam acb9 acrylic green led pc case (12 green leds, with 5 80mm green led fans, and custom fan grills.)
19" tft
650tx corsair psu
onboard sound and networking

it works great, so far I haven't seen the cpu go over 8% you through stuff at it it gives you a blank look and shrugs, it took a virus scan, dreamweaver, word and a few web pages (chrome) at 8% for god's sake. Anyway i'm very pleased with it.

BUT it only lists one hdd in the my computer section and that is the drive that i installed windows on, I don't know if the other one is formatted or not, I would say not, the bios recognises both of them, but my computer displays only one, i have not used raid in any form. Whats the solution?

Thanks alot, bob.

you shoud try this :
On "My Computer" Icon right click it and click MANAGE, click on DIsk Management..you may find your C: drive as Disc 0. Then look if you find drives that is unallocated..if you find it, click on the on it, right click and format the drive and click ok..just wait to make a 100% and you should after that it is healthy and formatted and you should the other drives now..try this tnx

sorry.typo error;;
you are formatting your unallocated drive using Disk Management..after formatting your drive you should see that it is active and healthy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back