Hi my current specs are

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
sdd samsung evo 750 250gb
IntelCore i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz ivy bridge
Evga NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Asus P8Z777 -V LX
16GBs of ram
850 watts

I would like to build a newer computer im a modrate gamer my intel is 3rd gen so was wondering what would be best upgrade im keeping graphics card in new build and ssd and reinstall windows 10 I dont mind either intel or amd have 1000 euro budget was going to go

intel i7 8700k
ASUS PRIME Z370-A. Intel LGA 1151 ATX
HyperX HX318C10FBK2/16
H7 Quad Lumi

Last edited:
Just build your computer, make sure the sata connectors are in the right spot.
9 times out of 10 windows 10 will accept the new hardware and make it somehow work.
The problem with that is windows 10 will lock your os in 2 or 3 days once it notices the hardware change.
Be sure to call and reactivate windows make sure your product key is retail and tell the rep your old system died.
Yes its a white lie but it gets the ball rolling to activate, tell them you bought a new mobo, ram and cpu.
There might be a rare issue where your new hardware doesn't agree with your os configurations and what not and bsod nonstop.
Be ready to do a full clean re-install if it ever boils down to that.

Just a question arising from my curiosity: Are you having any issues running games or other programs with your current system?

Been feeling the same way, but checking performance charts show I wouldn't really see much of an improvement. Might as well wait for the computer to die first, or find a game that my comp won't run properly before upgrading.

I would still wait a while as GPUs are still exceptionally expensive. I am waiting another year as my focus is for 4k gaming if I am going to upgrade.

Your current setup seems good enough that you should not have any issues with games unless 4k is your goal

Back