New build guides never show OS install

Kshipper

Say ..I have a question why is that new build guides never list the OS as a cost in the parts list rundown and if it is a YouTube 'how to' build guide, they never show OS install, they just pop in a drive and Windows pops up.

A) Do you think everyone is skipping that part because it is boring? I think it is pretty important when I see all the borked methods people use to install a OS. They often miss or forget about driver order or even where those drivers come from. I think it is time for a definitive guide on this topic.

B) Since the Pros are showing us how to build a computer properly and I truly missing out all these years. Should I be installing Windows once and then just popping imaged copies of this drive into to different hardware. Never worrying about the differences between chipsets and processors? Is Windows that good now? I never want to risk stability so I always go the long way. Fresh build, fresh drivers in a particular order that I find works.

Don't know the answer to A, but B - I'd say sort of to "Windows is that good now", it works pretty well with changing hardware. But I think that it is always a good idea to do a clean install - so I'm with you there.

You make a good point though about not factoring in the cost of windows....... maybe its just assumed people pirate it?

Back