New build lack of video output

So, I have just completed my first new-build PC, using entirely new parts. However, when I try to hook the computer up to a monitor the screen remains blank, all fans seem to be working perfectly, the HDD seems to be spinning, the lights on the case alight fine, however I see no video output at all, specs for the build are listed below:

Coolermaster CM690 II with Coolermaster GX 650W PSU
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 P55 mobo
Intel i5 760 2.8GHz Socket 1156 8MB L3 Cache
Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory Module CL9(9-9-9-24) 1.5V Unbuffered Non-ECC
Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB GDDR5 OC Edition Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card
Samsung SH-S222A 22x DVD±RW DL & RAM IDE Optical Drive

I would really appreciate any advice anyone could provide with details that may help me get this thing up an running, thanks.

Oh, and a last note, I am connecting the screen to the graphics vard via a HDMI Mini to HDMI cable.

*EDIT* Whilst I did see that there was another thread open with a similar problem I didn't want to post my issue there and essentially hijack someone else's thread.

I was the one who posted the other thread just yesterday.

I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS YOU.

Turns out, I did not connect all of my power pins to the motherboard.

I had connected the 24 pin ATX connector.

But I had forgotten to connect the 8 Pin CPU connector, once I did that everything worked.

Hope this helps!

Nope, that isn't the problem here I'm afraid, both the 24pin and the 8 pin power cables are both securely connected to the mobo.

Seems you may have the problem my brother had, and I once had. HDMI doesnt connect automatically like dvi/vga. You need to hook up a seperate monitor via dvi/vga, go into your nvidia control panel and designate the monitor you want to use and also enable hdmi for that monitor.

I have no other monitor I can try this with, if that's what you meant.

However, i have just attempted to bread board the system with just the processor, RAM and the graphics card in place and it still doesn't show any display on my screen,

Back