New build, Voltage recommends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themitchguy

I recently built a computer, and it freezes everytime it's turned on, but usually after startup, past the booting, but before the welcome screen. about half the time it makes it past that stage. Memtest was run twice, and no errors were shown. I'm wondering if it's a voltage problem, and was also wondering if you guys could recommend voltage levels for it..

Specs:
Motherboard: EVGA nForce 750i SLI Socket 775
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz 4MB
RAM: OCZ SLI 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (2x2048)
HD: WD Caviar Green 1TB 32MB/SATA-3G
PS: Apevia ATX - IB680W-GN (Iceberg) 680W
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB

btw: on the RAM, it says 5-4-4@2.1v, is that the voltage?

thanks for a quick reply!
alright, so do I change the "system voltage" setting for Memory in the CMOS from 1.900V to 2.100V?

I think you need to change the DRAM voltage. Check your motherboard manual for further instructions.

You could also try running the PC with a single RAM module inserted and check what happens.

The motherboard came with no manual, but where would one change the voltage setting?

Also, running with one stick works most of the time, with either stick.

The voltage settings are all available in the BIOS. Try downloading the manual from the internet.

Also, running with one stick works most of the time, with either stick.

Now, you didn't mention that before. But what do you mean by "works most of the time"?

Now, you didn't mention that before. But what do you mean by "works most of the time"?

Sometimes the system freezes, but most of the time it runs for long period of time, but this is only the case with just 1 stick of RAM.

also, what does the 5-4-4 mean?

timings? such as the tCL, tRCD, tRP, and tRAS? change those values to the 5-4-4-15 (manufacture CAS latency)? what about the Command Per Clock? it's set at Auto(1T) should i change that?

I don't think you need to change the Command Per Clock. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable as far as RAM is concerned would help you out here.

However, let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back