Not open for further replies.
Hi

I bought a new computer a few days ago, with next specs:
Biostar TA790GX A3+
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Gainward GTX260 Golden Sample
2x2GB DDR3 Transcend 1333
Chieftec 700W
and Cooler Master Hyper TX2 cooler for processor.

So today i got the most computer torturing game(or so i have heard) Crysis Warhead. And I put everything on MAX to test my new girlfriend (pc).
After about 30 min of playing my graphic card got to 70°C and its FAN moved from 40% to 60% of its speed. IS that OK? or should I increase it manually when it reaches such high temperatures.

And second thing which is very annoying.
In SpeedFan i get some Temp1 which is in idle mode about 60°C and after 30min of Crysis it got to nearly 70.
In EVEREST that temperature is labeled as AUX.
And I dont know what that temperature can be.
I have read on everest support site that that AUX can sometimes be a fake temperature. But this one is changing....so i would not say that its fake.
So its not processor, its not graphic card. What else could it be?
Power Supply?? Well....i have touched poversupply and it seems to be very cool. Unless its a different picture inside...
Anyone got an idea what could that be?

thx =)

Those temps are really not that bad. You could change the stock CPU heatsink and fan if you want to, with something a bit better

70 degrees is fine for that card. dont worry. If anyone has a GTX series they know that it runs hot. DO NOT WORRY!

I disagree... too much heat... unless remarkably well cooled...
70 C is 158 F, and that is simply too hot... you will have significantly reduced life of the card, and you will find the case is too hot causing other problems...

Remember that water boils at 100 C

You shouldn't be experiencing greater than 62C to 64C if you are cooling properly... Reduced life of the card will be only one of several problems to creep up.

Increase the number and size of case fans, and the porting outward of hot air.

you are wrong. GTX cards are KNOWN for getting high 70's when fully stressed.
My temperatures are exaclty like his. GTX cards are made to withstand temperatures like this, and will not be effected untill 90's(they shut down at 105).

Do not worry, you will worry forever because these people who dont own a card like this tell you so. I have a case with 6 fans in it. My temps are like yours.

Your card should idle at 56-60, and should be in 70's while gaming.

Dont listen to the above posters man please. i worried too long about it, i called XFX(my gpu maker) and they thought i was really stupid. dont make the mistake i made.

Heat destroys. High heat destroys faster.
The worry is not just the card, but the other problems heat creates inside the case.
A card running at 70 will not last as long as one running at 60...
The secondary problem is the narrowed margins when something does go wrong.
GTX are great cards... We use a lot of them. But a wise person will keep those temperatures down regardless of whether gaming...
Since there are many ways to deal with the heat, it is unwise not to do so.

i want you to calll any company that makes cards and say your worried cause your card is 70 degrees. They will tell you its normal.

A card running at 70 will not last as long as one running at 60...
That is absolutely, incontestably true.

However, I would argue there is a point where this truth is irrelevant. If a video card were designed to last for 10 years at 60*C and only lasts for 8 years at 70*C, then not many people would really care.

Unfortunately, there is no crystal ball. But I can tell you that 70*C is not unusual. nvidia states the max temperature for the GTX 260 GPU core is 105*C. You are well below that threshold and I believe it is safe to infer that 70*C is a very suitable temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back