New e8400 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for an ATX motherboard to run an intel e8400 with two ATI 4850 crossfire. Seems like newegg has about 1000 SLI boards and only a handful of crossfire boards, and the boards they do have cripple the cards with 4x PCI Express in crossfire. I'm looking for a board that can run both cards at at least 8x, hopefully one that runs 1066 RAM(but 800 at least). Hopefully someone can suggest a reasonably priced($150 or less) motherboard and vendor? I realize that anything built now will be obsolete in 6 months, so I really dont want to spend more than that. Thanks!

Eh? Where did you find PCI-E 4x for Crossfire? That would be impractical as well as useless, since it would defeat the whole purpose of Crossfire. You can find x8+x8 and x16+x16 boards, between which you will not find any performance difference unless you were running two HD 4870s.

For you, I'd recommend this excellent board. It has everything you need and will give you flawless performance with your twin HD 4850s.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Thank you

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

By the way, thanks for your help with my older rig--that 8600GTS is keeping my stock Dimension 4700 alive. Runs WOW much better than I had expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back