New Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nogel

Hi, I am in the process in building a new gaming PC and I want to hear some suggestions and/or improvements.

Case:
NZXT Lexa

Power Supply:
Ultra 750 watt SLI ready

Motherboard:
ASUS P5N-T Deluxe

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz

Memory/RAM:
New Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) HyperX PC2-8500 DDR2-1066 240-pin Desktop RAM (no link)

Graphics Card:
Nvidia 8800 Ultra

Hard Drive:
Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM 16 mb cache

Optical Drive:
LG DVD/RW CD/RW Burner

Might switch the Hard Drive and Ram for something else but similar. I am still not to sure if I should go with Windows XP Pro or Vista Ultimate.

I like everything except the Ultra power supply. If anything went wrong with the computer I'd suspect the PSU right off the bat. I'd go with a good Antec, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling but not Ultra.

I don't think the 8800GTX Ultra is still in stores and wouldn't be a good value even if it was.

These two at the high end

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150301

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131100

Or maybe you meant one of these.

Do you intend to purchase a 64 bit version of Windows to allow you to use all 4GB of memory?

Free version of AVG and Windows XP Pro 64 bit for the frame rates. The only problem I've had with WIndows XP Pro 64 bit was installing iTunes. There isn't a version of iTunes for my OS so I installed the 32 bit version of iTunes and it installed with errors. I also had to download and install the 64 bit versions of iTunes drivers to get everything working. Everytime I started iTunes I'd get an error message, but the program would start and do everything I asked it to. I had since uninstalled iTunes.

I was skeptic of the PSU as well but I have read a fare bit of review and it has held up as a reliable power supply as for the video card its Nvidia 8800 Ultra a 768 mb with a core clock of 612 and overclock of 650. I have already bought it it still holds up against some high end graphics cards

I was skeptic of the PSU as well but I have read a fare bit of review and it has held up as a reliable power supply as for the video card its Nvidia 8800 Ultra a 768 mb with a core clock of 612 and overclock of 650. I have already bought it it still holds up against some high end graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back