New gaming PC

So this is my first time ever making a custom computer. Here are the stats and I'd like your feedback on it :3.

PC specs:

•CPU-AMD FX 6350 Unlocked Six Core Processor 3.90GHz (4.20GHz Turbo)

• Motherboard- ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) ATX Motherboard

• RAM-16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro Red DDR3

•Graphics Card- EVGA Superclock ACX 2.0 - GeForce GTX980 - 4GB GDDR Graphics Card

•Storage- 2TB Western Digital Black SATA III Hard Drive (x2)
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO Series Solid State Drive

•PSU-750W Corsair CS750M 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply.

Also, what performance should I expect on games like dayZ etc.?

Good choices. What case are you going to use? I don't know the game dayZ so I can't answer that question.

Good choices. What case are you going to use? I don't know the game dayZ so I can't answer that question.

I haven't though about the case much, and did think it was a big deal. What would you recommend?

Will you be doing video rendering and/or graphic intensive software? If not you really don't need an 8 core processor as the overwhelming majority of games and software will never utilize 8 cores.

As for the case I want to suggest Cooler Master's HAF series either 922 (mid tower) or 932 (full tower). Tons of room and they provide plenty of air flow.

Oh okay, I'll look into those cases. What CPU's would you recommend for gaming?

Hi, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but if you can stretch to it I'd recommend getting Intel i5-4590/4670/4690, a Z87 or 97 motherboard, as for the case I'd recommend the NZXT Phantom 410 (the gunmetal version looks best IMO).
As for gaming performance, with the GTX 980 you are pretty much looking at a minimum 60FPS on high and ultra.

I run the Intel i5-4690 w/ GTX 970 Superclocked and 8GB RAM, and I haven't struggled with a single game at 1080p.
If you are playing at 1440p then you should still be looking at 40-60FPS at ultra, 4K it'll drop between 25 and 40FPS

Back