New graphics card lag

Krystianb

Hey guys i have bough a new Video card today Ati Radeon HD 4350 but i have a problem.. When ever i run the graphic card my whole computer goes very slowly for example it takes 10 seconds to load My Computer And also when i tried to run a game i had 1Fps... Before this i ahd a 256mb Video card and had 20 - 30 FPS.

- Ms Windows XP Home SP3
-Amd Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
- 1.5 GB Ram.
- Ati Radeon HD 4350 512Mb

Sounds like a conflict of some sort. First things first - do you have the latest ATI drivers installed?

Well yes, im not 100% sure but i got a CD with the Video card and installed it.
I am sure that installed the latest Drive's also im pretty sure My computer meets the requirements for the Video Card ..
Req Here:
PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
300 Watt or greater power supply (350 Watt for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode) is recommended
Certified power supplies are recommended.
1GB of system memory recommended
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive
Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive and full 1080p display requires a 1080p-capable monitor
For Microsoft DirectX® 10.1 support, Windows Vista® Service Pack 1 is required
To enable dual mode ATI CrossFireX™ technology, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 Series graphics card, and an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard are required

They were deleted. But if this helps Tommorow i will be formatting my computer and then installing the driver's etc. if that doesnt help i will post on here unless somebody may know what the problem is ;/

I'd be certain a full format, and fresh driver install will alleviate all your problems. As TomSEA said, it sounds very much like a driver issue.

However, do make sure you use the latest drivers from AMD's site. For one, they are often better optimized for your card, so you'll get a little more performance out of it. And, Catalyst Control Center has been revamped for better navigation.

Could you give me a Link to Ati Radeon HD 4350 512mb DDr2 Video Card Driver's ? im not sure if i downloaded the right ones, Also how do i delete my old card's driver's sorry guys im kind of noobie.

Back