"New" Malwarebytes

learninmypc

I just updated my M-Bam program via the TS down loads & in the process of installation it asks if you want to install the trial version. The first time I didn't see the boxes telling of the trial version so I removed it using revo & the second time I UN checked that box & it installed. I updated the data base & got this
M-bam new.JPG
I'm confused. Why would it tell me there is a new version when I just downloaded it?
I've since updated but would like to know it happened.

Last edited:
It could be at the time they have not change the main download to the newest version. I have had this happen before .

If you downloaded from TS, TS may not have updated their files yet. It can get frustrating to keep all the files updated, especially if there are no notifications of updates from the makers. If you find any files that have not been updated, I'm sure TS would be grateful, if you let them know.

The newest version I just noticed is 2.0.1.1004. I see the version in the image is 2.0.0.1000.

If you follow the report link for the downloads, you will see it mentions outdated links. I had the same question once and decided to report the link anyway, when I noticed the description used for reporting. In all honesty though I still don't feel comfortable using the report link, because to me the report link is asking for negative feedback. I don't see outdated links as a negative.

I've seen that link dozens of times but this is the first time I think it wasn't updated.
We learn from our missteakes. :)

I'm going to accept partial blame. I've always been very impatient on keeping my computer(s) updated.
One of my newsletters Kim always emphasized the importance of updating. :)

Did you ever see those bodies on the prairie with arrows in their backs? Those were the early adopters of new technologies. WAY back when, the IBM customers adopted the concept of never install version X.0 - - wait for the the nasty bugs to get fixed in version X.1

Personally, I run MS Update manually at least a week late to intentionally avoid such issues and update applications when I get around to it for the same reason.

I can hear the quips now, "what about all those zero-day exploits"? True there is a small exposure, but those targeted exploits aren't a problem(for home users) and using safe surfing practices with a good configuration seems to be effective enough.

Did you ever see those bodies on the prairie with arrows in their backs? Those were the early adopters of new technologies. WAY back when, the IBM customers adopted the concept of never install version X.0 - - wait for the the nasty bugs to get fixed in version X.1

Personally, I run MS Update manually at least a week late to intentionally avoid such issues and update applications when I get around to it for the same reason.

I can hear the quips now, "what about all those zero-day exploits"? True there is a small exposure, but those targeted exploits aren't a problem(for home users) and using safe surfing practices with a good configuration seems to be effective enough.
As far as running the MS Updates, for some of us computer dummies like me, I could read everything about them & it would probably still be over my head. I envy those people that can understand all that language & yes, I've heard others say the same thing about waiting a few days. Thank you for the input. :)

thats a real CHORE! Suggest using links to the vender's downloads?? I would assume that versioning is well handled by the owners (duh)
I'm not sure how I should take that comment. It is not the owners link in question, it is TS links in question and why they may not be updated.

His attitude was what confused me. Why should I recommend using the owners link, when the question is about an outdated TS link. His response seemed to be irrelevant to my comment, which was quoted. And the attitude of the response makes it worse.

His attitude was what confused me. Why should I recommend using the owners link, when the question is about an outdated TS link. His response seemed to be irrelevant to my comment, which was quoted. And the attitude of the response makes it worse.
Ok, I understand.

Back