New OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't legally install it on more than 1 computer at a time, and really 1 computer ever for those OEM copies (although thats pretty loosely defined). And XP64 isn't a very widely liked OS. What I'd recommend is since you are already looking at spending $140 I'd just spend $150 and get a Windows 7 Family Pack which allows you to use it on 3 computers.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10300835-56.html

she doesnt have that great of a computer so basic is better. plus it would be cool f it was 64 bit so i can get the most out of my gaming computer.

Well that isn't a good view. XP is going to be best for her then XP32. You can run XP32 on your end if you want but you want 64 bit. So ok get XP64, it has pretty bad compatibility/drivers. so thats where I gave you my advice on, to be honest I don't care if you think my advice is good or not, or whether you take it or not, but I do think if you are wanting advice from people on this board my advice is going to be pretty solid.

I went out of my way to explain your legal options, and unless you are going to switch to Linux my advice is the best and most accurate you will get for your query.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back