New PC having BSODs

Hatchling

Hello there,
I just got this new pc assembled by a tech guy (Reused my HD and PSU, everything else is brand new) and I am having pretty random BSODs, sometimes when I play and sometimes when I just am not doing anything. I tried putting my processor on battery saving (It was on overclock before) because I thought my PSU wasn't giving it enough energy, but it lasted longer while overcloacked honestly, nothing changed. Also checked the temps, everything is also fine there, so I am just posting my minidumps here.

Attachments

• 091813-25209-01.zip
    163.2 KB · Views: 2
"Reused my HD"... Did the tech guy install Windows fresh? The minidumps are pointing to possible video card/driver issues. Isn't your tech guy responsible to make sure his build works properly?

Yes, he recommended a new windows install and I told him to do it then. So he installed the drivers and apparently it was everything working fine on his end, probably didn't test enough. I have updated my videocard driver yesterday night, don't know what else I can do but wait, will keep you updated.

Hey, I was using it all day for the past 2 days and everything was fine until I had another BSOD just now, attaching the minidump.

Attachments

• 092213-20436-01.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 1
HAL.dll and Ntoskrnl.exe with no BUG Check String... Bios setting? Any (!) in the device manager?

I haven't messed with the BIOS setting apart from putting it to normal mode (it was overcloacked before) and on the device manager everything seems fine, there are no (!) there. Had another BSOD also, here is the dump.

Attachments

• 092213-25194-01.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 2
It's a Seagate ST310005 24AS.
I just had a spree of BSOD's, about 6 since last we spoke, im half tempted in just reinstalling windows myself!

Well, I have to try. I'm making a fresh install, update everything I can and come back with the verdict.

Alright, couple of days have passed and everything is working fine. I reinstalled windows only installing the needed drivers and no updates whatsoever for windows, working like a charm. It was really a driver problem. Case closed, thank you for your help!

Okay so... false alarm :confused:
Oddly enough I got BSOD spree today again even tough it was working perfectly for 2 days straight. I will buy a new HD tomorrow and install it at lunch time, lets hope this solves my problem.

Ok so I bought a new HD (Western Digital WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 1TB)
and was installing the drivers when I got a BSOD and then another one, so here are the dump files I got.

Attachments

• 092613-15880-01.zip
    49.7 KB · Views: 1
ASUS motherboards are sensitive to the type of memory installed. You might have to raise the memory voltage a bit

Did that, was working fine until today and had more BSODs, dumps attached.

Attachments

• 092713-19515-01.zip
    55.4 KB · Views: 1
Usually refers to a hard drive issue, but it can point to a memory issue too. Run Memtest86:
http://www.memtest.org/
make a bootable CD with version 4.20 and boot the computer with it. Run at least 7 passes. No errors are allowed

Back