New PC - USB BSOD issues!

cookiedude

Hi all

We have just bought 2 identical custom built systems from Scan (3XS) and they both have issues that I find odd for new systems. Specs are as follows:

i7 2700k - OC'd to 4.6GHz
16gb RAM (Crucial)
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P Mobo
Quadro 2000
Win 7 Pro 64bit

Problems are:

PC A:
1. Front USB ports stopped working, ran windows update to get latest drivers, BSOD on restart. Seems to have been ok since.

PC B:
1. BSOD when USB stick removed from front USB ports. OC warning on restart, BIOS reverted to default settings. Refused to boot with external (WD passport elite) plugged into rear USB port.
2. Removed external drive and system booted.
3. Reloaded 3XS OC profile in BIOS, plugged external drive into different USB port (Still on rear), system booted into windows but shortly after BSOD'd again!

What I find interesting is that both systems have exactly the same components and both have had issues with the USB ports, are there any known issues with these motherboards?? PC B seems to work fine as long as the external drive isn't plugged in (need to test another device connected to the same port).

Any thoughts would be appreciated? Is this just a glitch or am I looking at a more serious issue?

Thanks in advance.

Back