New Power Supply - Everything works but Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few weeks ago my powersupply burned out... It was a 580 watt and I just replaced it with a 650 watt. Everything is connected fine, everything booted up and things are running smooth. However, I notice certain internet graphics don't load as fast, or at all. My pc also restarts when I try and play half-life 2. Am I wrong in assuming my graphics card isn't receiving enough power or is connected wrong? As far as I know it is receiving adequate power. Where should I go from here?

Thanks a lot for your time!

It seems that now I'm experiencing random crashes as well. Even when I'm not loading graphics or anything, my computer just stops. Just thought I'd point that out.

Again, thanks for everything.

When your power supply burned out it could have damaged other components. What were the circumstances of that?

It also might help if you would list your system components.

Well to answer your questions, I'm running Windows XP, I have a Radeon 9800 video card (128 I want to say?), 512 ram, pentium IV 2.4 ghz processor and now a 650 watt BFG power supply. I was watching videos on you tube when the crash happened--I had about 4 or 5 tabs of videos on firefox running when it just shut off completely. No power or anything, no LEDs...
I took apart the PSU and there was a big black mark on the actual board as if someone held a lighter to it. It seems like the random crashes have stopped a little, but no matter what, I can't run any games. I've double checked all connections and everything. I've heard there is a way to switch power settings through the BIOS/CMOS, can anyone expand on that maybe?

Thanks yet again for the input, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back