swichbak

Just built a new system last week.

Asus P8Z77-V motherboard
i5 3750k
2x4gb crucial 1600 ram
120gb sandisk extreme ssd
250gb WD sata ( storage)

....._List_corrupt

( Running video to a tv so I couldn't see what was before _list I am assuming PFN based on all the other posts but not completely sure)

For the first few days didn't have any problems. After a bunch of updates and some messing around installing programs and whatnot I started getting a blue screen every so often. I have updated pretty much everything I could think of as far as drivers go ( maybe thats what caused it?) Updated to the new BIOS as well. I have tried to D/L something to view the dumps but have had no luck. If anyone could shed some light as to what may be causing this it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! I have included the dmp files that I have up to this point.

Attachments

• dmp files.zip
    156.6 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for the reply. The video is on board Intel hd4000. I ran men test last night and everything passed. I was thinking the same thing about the video but I have updated everything. Any other ideas? I ran in safe mode last night for quite a while and didn't have any problems, although it is pretty random when I do get the bsod.

Did you run Memtest86 for a least 7 passes? You might try disabling the CPU power save features and speed control step downs in the bios

Ran memtest for more than double that. I will try changing some things in bios. I switched the dimms in which my memory were seated. I read in my motherboard manual that when using two stick they should be in dimm a2 and b2, I had them in a1b1. Haven't had any problems yet. Did you by chance look at the minidmp files I had? What was you take on that?

The minidumps were very general pointing to simple instability with notations on Video and possible bios settings

Do you think the video could still cause problems being an onboard chip? Another question I had is pretty much all my bios settings are factory default/ auto. Do you think I may need to go in and specify some settings?

I have a Z77 chipset and I had to change the bios defaults to turn off CPU power saving and speed step settings. Why? Because game play would not work well, just like you are experiencing. You came here for help didn't you?

I think we misunderstood each other. I was not question your advice at all. I really appreciate the help. I was just throwing out ideas and asking questions. I disabled power savings but I was asking if you thought there were any other settings I should change aside from that. I am just very frustrated that my brand new machine already has issues.

One more thing. Can updating drivers even though they are the most current cause problems? Seems like now and in the past problems have arisen after I updated, whether it be windows update or downloading them independently.

You should always download and install all the Windows 7 updates including all the optional updates. I had to experiment with my CPU bios settings right off to get the motherboard and Windows 7 stable, especially during game play

I will spend some time in the bios enabling/disabling and try to narrow some things down. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. With my motherboard there are some options for what seems to be preloaded over clock options. Will over locking cause instability or can it be more beneficial when done correctly? Also, I found that my chipset drivers are somewhat older but I couldn't find an update. Any input? Thank you

My CPU is an i5 3450S 2.8GHz locked. Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H... You could stick to minimal over-clocking until the system becomes stable. Your chipset drivers should come directly from the ASUS support and not from any other source

Well, I was on the computer all night playing games, surfing and no problems. This morning I woke up to a BSOD. bad_pool_header I'm completely lost now. I don't know what else to do. I disabled everything power management related in bios. Updated almost every driver possible. Any clue what this bsod could mean?

So you never shut down this computer, day or night? If so, it could be over-heating. What CPU cooler are you running?

For the most part I leave it on. I have a temp monitor and the CPU usually stays at about 101 f. The cooler is just the intel one that came with the processor. I know it not a great one but I figured I would just watch the temp and see how well it worked. When you said you had to experiment with your bios to get stable were you getting blue screens too? I'm just not that sure about which settings to change. Worried I will screw it up worse.

I have been watching it and it stays right around 100 Fahrenheit. Maybe a little more when running hard but not much. I am open to a new cooler if you think it's necessary. I have no clue what to try next. I looked on the compatibility list for my MB. It has crucial listed but not my exact kind. The timing is 9-9-9-24 as compared to the ones on the list being 8-8-8-24. Does that matter at all? The chipset drivers I have are from 2006. The auto update on the website tells me that is the current driver. Could that be true being that old?

What about the CPU settings? 9-9-9-24 sounds right, and the temps are okay... 2006? My drivers are 2011

I finally found the c3/c6 and disabled. I downloaded the 2012 chipset drivers from asus but when I run the install nothing changes. Drivers still say they are from 2006. When I use their auto update thing it tells me I have current driver. Not sure what is going on.

Did you see the CPU Thermal monitor? That is very weird 2006 on a new build. My system is going on 1 year old. You are using on-board video and I have a Nvidia Geforce 550ti video card

Yes, I did disable the thermal monitor as well. Knock on wood, have had no problems since. One weird thing is I can no longer play a game I have. Elder scrolls stopped working. It will open up to the main menu and then when I try to start the game it will load for a moment and then the window just shuts down. Not sure if the file just went bad or if its a hardware issue. Aside from that everything is running great. Do you know of a way I could manually get the chipset driver? On the website the only downloads are installers.

[FONT=helvetica][SIZE=23px]P8Z77-V LGA or LK? What is the full model number?[/SIZE][SIZE=23px][/size][/FONT][SIZE=23px][/size][SIZE=23px][/size]

Back