New to Techspot. Just built i7 Windows 7 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!

I just joined this site and hope to be able to get help and provide help when I can, as well as learn a lot along the way!

I just build my tenth pc, and it has both Vista SP1 64 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on it, and may soon have linux. It consists of:

Antec Nine Hundred mid tower case
Corsair 650W PSU
Asus P6T motherboard
Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1266 Quad Core CPU
Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 CPU cooler
OCZ Gold 3x2GB 1600 DDR3 memory
HIS HD4670 512MB video card with dual dvi outputs
Two Asus 23" 1080p HDMI lcd monitors
Two Samsung 1TB SATA 7200rpm 3gb/sec internal hard drives
Two LG 22x DVD+- internal DVD SATA DVD burners with LightScribe
LG 6X Blu-ray SATA internal Disc Burner
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 4000 keyboard and mouse
Docked Blackberry Storm
Docked Apple video ipod
Belkin USB 2.0 hub
OCZ ATV 8GB USB thumb drive

I really like Windows 7 so far and think it's better than Vista after only a week!

I plan to add a Hauppauge WinTV dual tuner tv card to the system soon.

I got with my video card and system Stalker Clear Sky and Tom Clancy HAWX and since I'm not into too many games, wondered if they're worth installing and if my 4670 512mb card is good enough?

The only 'game' I really play is RealFlight G4.5 for radio control airplane simulation, which runs very well.

Any questions, suggestions or comments would be most welcome!

Thanks!

cappaj1

I plan to add a Hauppauge WinTV dual tuner tv card to the system soon.
Plan on springing for aftermarket software, (Sage TV or Beyond TV) that which comes with it is wretched. I have a single tuner version, it works well, but you have to stand there and interpolate what the actual channel's number that you want to watch, it doesn't convert to the local transmitted channel's ID number.

IE; In Philadelphia, Digital Channel 10-1 is actually transmitted on UHF 44. Even a coupon eligible converter box will ID the channel as "10-1". But not the garbage Hauppage software. It's some 4 digit fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back