New to water cooling

lacer

new to water cooling what would i need to get me started if was to change system to water cooled

spec are Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel® Core™ i7-950 Processor the Corsair Hydro Series™ H70 for cpu
Chipset Intel X58 ICH10R chips NVIDIA GeForce 480 GTX
Directx 11 Asus P6T SE
Realtek® ALC1200 8 -Channel High Definition Audio
Optical Drive ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P SCS
Optical Drive PIONEER BD-ROM BDC-202 ATA Device
Printer Brother MFC-490CW
power supply Corsair Professional Series HX1000W
Obsidian Series™ 800D Full-Tower Case

any ideas and thanks

where is the video card?

have you done water cooling before?

are you looking to build from the ground up or get a kit?

well, you need a radiator. the size will depend on what you would like to cool in the system.
for a cpu only you could use a 240 rad, which is a dual rad, 2 fan setup and the rad is about the size of 2x 120mm fans. if you add the video card you should get a 360 rad, which is a triple rad about the size of 3x 120mm fans.

you will also need a reservoir .. well it's not a requirement and people do go without it but i would not recommend to do that. the reservoir will unsure proper water feed to your pump.

this takes us to the next item, the pump. you should get something reliable and powerful.

tubing, fittings, psu jumper, clamps, silver coil or biocide, etc

then the blocks for the cpu and one for the gpu if you want to add that.

there is also more exotic stuff like ram cooling and full cover blocks for motherboards as well as hdd cooling

hey

Get 1\2 tubbing for performance.

Get anti microbal tube like Primochill

Use only distilled water.

Shorter loop, simple loop are better.

Doesnt mather what order u put them

Make sure u test the watercooling without starting the cpu. (towel every where inside)

I also recommand u Switcech pump 655 with ek TOPx for betting fitting.

Don't put a towel on the inside of your computer, and I would suggest the Feser One liquids, they have all of the anti-this/anti-that in it. When it comes to water cooling, I always reccomend Danger den first for liquid cooling for pumps/rads/black.

Also, you're going to want to test the system for leaks before you want to apply power to your motherboard/cpu/gpu.

You're going to need to unplug the 4-pin/8-pin CPU power connector and the 20+4 pin motherboard power connector and look at the wires on the 20+4 pin and "jump" the green wire to any black wire (i.e. use a bent paper-clip and put one end into each contact for the wires) This will turn the computer on but not any of the main components. You can buy a tool to do this from Danger den if you want, if there's a leak all you need to do it pull that paper-clip/tool from the 20+4 power connect and the system will shut off.

First question I would ask yourself about watercooling your PC, is: For what purpose?

Silence?
or Cooling ability to assist with overclocking?

Depending upon your answer will determine the answer we can best match to your requirements ;)

Been there, done that - watercooling is awesome for learning - but once the learning curve is over it soon becomes boring and cumbersome especially if you change components often like I did!

...or aesthetics

in a basic loop you need
pump - radiator - cpu/gpu block - reservior
all connected with tubing and mounted with bards

the order, tubing size and choice of barbs have rather minor influence on cooling performance

Back