New video card and fuzzy text!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetherynn

Well the short of the story is i upgraded my video card(ATI HD26xx 512mb) to a ATI 5670 GDDR5 1024mb amd ever since all my text is fuzzy and cannot use my resolution 1920 x 1080(Preferred by my monitor) and ive redone all the drivers for the video card both from the disc it came with and from their website, And the driver for the monitor( Viewsonic VX2433wm 24in WS) Also i went from a DVI component to a HDMI for the supposed better quality. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.~

So i learned today that for computers DVI>HDMI i should have checked that before even posting here(Duh!) thanks all!

Actually the image you should get from DVI should be the same quality as from HDMI. Since you can get a simple adaptor to plug one into the other. The main difference is that HDMI cables can carry audio signals in addition to video, for instance when used with PS3 you can output video and audio to a TV using one HDMI cable. The other difference is HDCP.
High-Bandwidth Digital-Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of digital rights management (DRM) that was created by Intel. It was designed to protect the transfer of high quality, digital content from a video source, such as a computer, satellite television receiver, or DVD player to a receiver such as a television screen or computer monitor. Specifically, the technology sought to achieve some degree of copyright protection in audio and video content, such as movies, videos, and television.

You definitely should be able to use your monitors 1980x1080 resolution over HDMI. Are you able to use this resolution over the DVI connection?

Yep over the DVI the resolution is great! i tried 2 different HDMI cables and they are both the same way. there has got to be a setting somewhere i am missing(Other than the on on the monitor that lets you select HDMI or DVI.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back