New video card install no good, now older card doesn't work either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TechSpot folk, and thanks for in advance for anyone who can help me.

I've bought myself a new video card yesterday; HIS Radeon X1650 Pro 512mb IceQ, AGP. I went ahead to install it, and I get no picture after booting up.

I am receiving a signal to the monitor (I am not getting a "check signal" message) but no image comes to the PC. I went to put my old card in which is a Gigabyte 128mb 9600 Pro, and it now it doesn't work either!!!

Both cards are receiving power as theirs fans are chugging along.

I had also purchased a 1gig stick of RAM to complement my new video card, so I set my PC up the way it was before the attempted installation of the new card. Still nothing happening.

Current components of PC are:

P4 2.8ghz (D865PERL)
Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb
512mb RAM
DVD and Lite-On burner

I don't know about the 9600 Pro but the X1650 Pro should have a power connector on it. Possibly a floppy drive type connector. Was that plugged in?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...ech+Radeon+X1650PRO+H165PRQ512AN-R+Video+Card
power connector?
did you install new ram and test it before putting card in?
proper drivers installed and old one's un-installed?
does your system meet the minimum requirements?
HIS X1600 AGP series requires connection to your PCs internal power supply for operation. A 450 watt power supply or greater is recommended to ensure normal system operation where a number of other internal devices are installed.
Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon or compatible with AGP 8x (0.8V), 4x (1.5V) or universal AGP 3.0 bus configuration (8x/4x) (2 free slot space)
256MB of system memory; or more recommended
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive and decoder software ( not included)
Operating System:
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64 Edition

See if any of this helps, Good luck

Hey - Yeah I've gone through all of this. Have had a bit of experience with adding and removing hardware and am quite thorough with everything I do.

Drivers removed from previous card, did a clean up with some software, installed new card with POWER attached.

I'm totally lost on this. I hope I didn't fry anything. I always ground myself, and pedantic about dealing with hardware.

I've reset my CMOS as a last result after hours of tinkering with different hardware components.

Thanks for the help - any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise the old boy is going into service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back