New Xenforo (1.2.x), transitioning issues

Broni

1. RTE is not there:
p22005495.gif
2. Post doesn't parse correctly:
p22005496.gif
3. When you actually click on "Preview" and you check back what you actually tried to post all BBCode appears to be changed to HTML:
p22005497.gif

Even the above didn't post correctly. You can't even expand or scroll reply box.

I see that some forum enhancements have been implemented but some things may have been broken in the process. I believe Julio is aware of it and it's likely staff is on it.

We've been upgrading the forum for the past couple of hours. We are now on the latest version of Xenforo which translates in better security, performance and features.

I'm checking out Broni's message above now to see what's that about :)

Ok, so the latest Xenforo brings an entirely new rich text editor. It's meant to be much better, not sure if Broni will agree this second but maybe a week from now ;)

Among the improvements: Drag and drop uploading, pasting images in line, auto save drafts, and lighter/faster loading code and content. Here's their explanation:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-new-editor-and-much-much-more.50519/

It is entirely possible an old formatted post won't PASTE the same here, but that doesn't mean it's no good. It just means you may have to redo some of the formatting and you'll be good after that.

Thanks Broni. Account options page fixed now.

Moving this to the Feedback forum so other users are aware of the upgrade and potential transition issues (hoping for little to none).

Are you saying that if I want to post any canned which includes BBCode I have to click "Use BBCode editor" button?
What if I want to add something and use RTE buttons?
I can't do this in a very same post?

You can go back and forth, but to paste bbcode you need to use the source mode first.
Feel free to try stuff in the private forum and I'll delete it later.

This is pretty insane to me.
It doesn't make sense and I've never seen any "feature" like that on any other forum.
To me is a definitive step backward.
Now when I want to create some post I'll have to click back and forth several times....and remember about it.
To me it's just like replacing a cell phone with a rotary phone.

We've been upgrading the forum for the past couple of hours. We are now on the latest version of Xenforo which translates in better security, performance and features.

I'm checking out Broni's message above now to see what's that about :)
Awesome upgrade thanks!!!!

Thanks. It was a big upgrade with dozens of template edits to take care of (goodbye weekend), but it was certainly worth it :D.

I noticed that while inserting links, the link is inserted to the selected text correctly. And when finished more text is highlighted. Moving the cursor and highlighting other text, doesn't clear the highlighted text. Only if you highlight over that text will it clear.

I can say that this is not a TechSpot issue. W7forums converted to Xenforo from vBulletin, and it suffers from the same glitch. It could also be Opera 12.16 related, as I've not checked other browsers.

Shouldn't we have a preview provision for a new post?

Either my browser is trolling me again, (what comes around, goes around), or the only way to check your work, is to post first, and edit later. Am I failing to permit a necessary script?

Didn't this version of the software come with ruder smileys? 'Cause you now how happy that would make me.

(Or should I try reverse psychology?).

Please don't ever change the smileys in this forum. These are the best I've ever seen....:p

Captaincranky, click on the button, "More Options," at the bottom of the reply box. You'll see the preview feature.

Captaincranky, click on the button, "More Options," at the bottom of the reply box. You'll see the preview feature.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

"More options" buttons tend to confuse me, and "advanced" buttons make me uncertain I can live up to their expectations, but your reply has emboldened me!(y)

Back