Patriot Box Office HD Media Player Review @ Legit Reviews

Memory
Kingston HyperX DDR3-2000 CL8 KHX2000C8D3T1K3/6GX 6GB Memory Kit @ TweakTown

Cases
Akasa Freedom Xone Chassis @ DriverHeaven.net

Motherboards
ASRock P55 Deluxe Intel P55 Motherboard Review @ ThinkComputers.org

Permalink to story.

Wonder where are all the torrent sites are headed. With more and more government watch and forced isp watch over the customers it's prolly not hard to guess.

After Pirate Bay went down, many will follow as they are afraid to have a similar ending. But...they will never be able to have internet under their complete control :)

The Internet is a level playing field with forever changing goal posts, just another shift of the goal posts with Mininova going "legit", a sacrifice has to be made for propaganda to the greedy, bloated rich film and music industries artists & investors, and the leeching, bloody-sucking Lawyers. They should move with the times, embrace and develop P2P, instead of charging OTT prices to us the consumers, such as for BDs, DVDs and CDs!!!

There are only a few good alternatives to mininova, but i'm sure that they won't last long too.
They did the right thing by not appealing because they wouldn't stand a chance to win. At least they don't have to pay a ridiculous amount of money after loosing.

kaonis92 said:
After Pirate Bay went down, many will follow as they are afraid to have a similar ending. But...they will never be able to have internet under their complete control :)

TPB is still alive, its just trackerless now, using DHT, PEX, and Magnet links.

I knew Mininova was finished when they started filtering content. It was only a matter of time before they removed everything except a handful of featured content.

Yeah... I absolutely love wikipedia. So useful for my school work / background reading. And just darned interesting sometimes, too =P i hope it stays up.

I am really hoping that Wikipedia does not crash n burn, that website has kept me awake and sain through so many long nights..

Wow I'm a little shocked and kind of saddened that mininova got castrated, they started taking down some torrents a few months ago but I just had a browse and everything's gone! There's not even software and games categories on the home page any more. But as always there's still loads of alternative torrent sites although mininova always had informative comments on the torrents.

Great mininova goes legal, thats really awesome, must be because the closing of tpb. Scared maybe, sad though and wiki ouch that would suck, the beta just started wow I really hope it recovers.

"Spin-based electronics gets boost @ BBC News" That's some pretty neat stuff. Can't wait for 'spintronics'! But will it become practical in our lifetime?

I hope wikipedia doesn't get shut down becuase some killer, that site has helped me alot with my education, and whenever i have a question about someone, or something, I go there first for a quick history lesson just to gain some understanding. I know the site isn't 100% right but from my experience people never post lies, and speculation is always duely noted. This would be an epic loss for the internet if it does and then no site is safe.

Farewell Mininova, we'll miss you. With The Pirate Bay now out of the picture, what's left? I guess the bittorrent days are coming to an end, and we'll see an alternative to bittorrent emerge soon.

Jeez....Mininova goes legit, Pirate Bay dies....are the torrentz an endangered species?

Apart from that, I think I will have to wait for Julio to do a contest for a 5970 card as there is NO way I could ever justify that expense to the wife should I purchase one. Winning on the other hand....

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back