Online Retailers: An Early Holiday Peak? @ BusinessWeek
Never Back Down – Pirate Bay Adapts To Stay Alive @ TorrentFreak
See more articles and reviews.

Five years ago in TechSpot:
Worldwide console sales are poor

Storage
VIZO Arius II @ LanOC Reviews
Thermaltake BlacX Duet HDD Docking Station @ Legit Reviews
ICY DOCK MB668U-1SB 2.5-inch External Hard Drive Enclosure Review @ ThinkComputers.org

Video
Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 @ Techgage.com
Powercolor HD 5750 PCS 1024 MB @ techPowerUp
ATI RADEON HD 5750/5770 1024MB Graphics Cards @ iXBT Labs

Peripherals
Cambridge Audio iD50 @ TechRadar

Misc.
December CoolIT Domino Giveaway @ BCCHardware
Sapphire's Bill Donnelly talks to DriverHeaven @ DH

Power Supplies
Seasonic X-750 750W 80Plus Gold Power Supply Review @ PCStats

Media Players
CiragoTV Mini USB Media Player CTM1000 @ TestFreaks
Patriot Box Office All-In-One HD Media Player Review @ Futurelooks

Cooling
Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler @ Pro-Clockers

Memory
Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3-1600 @ PureOverclock

Cases
Lian Li PC B25F Review @ XSReviews
NZXT PANZERBOX Aluminum Chassis PC Case @ Bona Fide Reviews
In Win Maelstrom Full Tower Computer Case Review @ Tweaknews

Processors
Phenom II X4 Scaling With The Radeon HD 5970 @ Legion Hardware

Notebooks
Acer Aspire 5738DG-6165 3D Notebook Review @ I4U

Systems
Cryo Quad desktop PC system review @ Elite Bastards

Motherboards
ASUS Maximus III Formula (P55 Express) Motherboard @ TweakTown
Creating a Bang - MSI Trinergy P55 Motherboard Preview @ HardwareZone

Permalink to story.

@Ungoogle yourself

Sucks that Google won't remove customer's private content themselves. All the money, power, and influence in the world and they can't be arsed about customer care. It may be somewhat impractical to have to go around deleting info for millions of people, but ID theft is so prevalent that action has to be taken somewhere. Why not have Google help?

@Heretic
Google uses most of the information it stores..in many ways..like recommended videos for you on Youtube

@ Serag
I'm not talking about that sort of content. I'm talking about personal identification information that people can google up and search for. I know they use a lot of the information they store. That's why they have a search engine in the first place; because they stored information. But, for arguments sake, if I want them to make my social security number less available, I have to take drastic steps to have that risk reduced. I want Google to be able to help me either protect or remove risky personal information that I might have on the internet.

I think the main thing people need is education on keeping their identities private online. Most teenagers out there today have no idea that their photos posted to flickr can be googled easily. And worse still, most people so willingly give out, and freely post online, their private information such as phone number, date of birth, etc. etc.

One particularly dangerous trend I have noticed is Facebook "quizzes". Not only the type that you use an app for, but the ones where people post stuff like this:

--------------------------------------------------------
RANDOM QUIZZZ?!?!?!

What is your favorite food?
Yogurt!

What is the name of your pet?
Fluffy!

What high-school did you go to?
SuperHero High

Who is your favorite author?
SHAKESPEARE!!

What is your social insurance number? (just kidding)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, most of these questions might seem trivial and innocent, except when you consider that,

LOTS OF WEBSITES USE THESE QUESTIONS TO RESET/RETRIEVE MISSING PASSWORDS!!!

I know the problem isn't as bad as it used to be...many websites have put this into consideration by requiring an alternate email, etc. but this information can still so easily be used to cause trouble for a person.

@ungoogle

I personally go through and google myself at least 3-4 times a year and try my best to delete anything that might be detrimental to my own personal identity. It is also why I try to keep a seperate online screen name that I do not connect back to my real name.

@ungoogle

I have actually never googled myself...I'm going to have to do it and see what comes up. I honestly don't care if they use info to suggest sites to me that are relevant to what i've visited in the past and such. If i do google myself and see a ton of info maybe i'll change my mind..but at the moment I just don't care.

@ Heretic
Got your point now..sorry I didn't get it earlier and yea..you got a point there o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back