News around the web: Why Jailbreak an iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

Staff member

Why Jailbreak an iPad? @ ReadWriteWeb
Best Buy opening UK stores @ Neowin.net
Tactile Gaming Vest (TGV) @ iRoboticist
Star Wars: The Old Republic Xbox 360-bound? @ GameSpot
See more articles and reviews.

Five years ago in TechSpot:
IBM supercomputer breaks its own record

Storage
Corsair Padlock 2 8 GB @ techPowerUp

Video
Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 Toxic 1GB Video Card Review @ Legit Reviews

Peripherals
NZXT Avatar Gaming Mouse @ LanOC Reviews
Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard @ DragonSteelMods
Technocel T360 Bluetooth Headset Review @ CCEReviews

Misc.
Uniblue Registry Booster 2010 Review @ OCC
Windows 7 Tuning: Maintenance for better performance @ TweakPC.de
Graphics Card + CPU in Professional Software and Games @ iXBT Labs

Displays
23" HP De-Branded HDMI 1080p Widescreen LCD Monitor w/Speakers @ Bona Fide Reviews

Enclosures
Hard Drive Enclosures Roundup @ HardwareHeaven

Cooling
Koolance VID-AR587 GPU Water Block @ PureOverclock

Memory
OCZ Platinum DDR3-1600 4GB Low Voltage Dual Channel Memory Kit Review @ ThinkComputers.org

Cases
NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller @ Pro-Clockers

Notebooks
Acer Aspire AS5738PG-6306 Touch Screen Notebook @ TestFreaks

Motherboards
ASUS P7P55D Deluxe Intel P55 Express Motherboard Review @ PCSTATS
MSI 890GXM-G65 Review Featuring AMD Latest 890GX Chipset @ Madshrimps

Permalink to story.

Wow is the ipad really going to be the spearhead into html5 instead of flash? If it does it will only add to the impressive legacy Steve will leave.

Hiding From the Winds of Change........

I've apparently been left in the technological dust so to speak, since I'm still trying to find a justification for owning an iPad, let alone needing to have it jailbroken.

Although, if it leads to no longer being dependent on Adobe Flash, I suppose that some good can come of this.

Captaincranky - You could see my post in response to a troll here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic144790.html

Or basically, it isn't a computer replacement and it isn't a phone replacement. It is something that you can do some basic document editing with (iWork Suite), browse the web, read books/newspapers, possibly do some gaming, and do iTunes stuff on. Designed to do those things very well and not much else, if you want a small device that can do a billion things this isn't it.

Hey, At Least I was Brief.........

Or basically, it isn't a computer replacement and it isn't a phone replacement. It is something that you can do some basic document editing with (iWork Suite), browse the web, read books/newspapers, possibly do some gaming, and do iTunes stuff on. Designed to do those things very well and not much else, if you want a small device that can do a billion things this isn't it.
Well, if it's trolling you call it, then trolling I shall give.

First, if you want to read newspaper, why not just buy one? If you want to read a book, then go to the library. If you want to listen to music, use your MP3 player. In fact, if you want to watch a DVD, why not just use a 40 dollar DVD player, and skip the $1000.00 HTPC. Like "wow", my computer plays DVDs through the TV, what's a DVD player?

Working on your "application" agenda, it seems there is some doubt if the device was made to fit a need, or you have to create a need to fit the device, and it costs several hundred dollars to figure that out.

Beyond that, it's just one more thing that will make Steve Jobs richer, and driving more dangerous for us all.

Now, that's trolling.

I didn't say you were trolling, I was saying the dude with 2 posts that created the thread I linked was trolling.

I'm not convinced the iPad is a necessary device, and on the forums I've said that whoever is making/made the netbook with the flip around touch screen is better or more useful. Don't think the price is much if any different either. So to me I don't think I could do anything with it that I couldn't do better (or cheaper?) with a flip around touch screen netbook.

But that isn't to say its going to be successful. Most people didn't see the need for an expensive mp3 player over a cheap off brand one, yet the iPods are still hugely successful. Sometimes there are devices that fit a need(s) better than the current solution, maybe the iPad is such a device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back