Newsletter marked as containing a dangerous link

Hi there, I'm a long term reader and don't normally post here in the forum but wanted to give your team a heads up regarding your newsletters being caught up in Gmail with a warning.

Today, I noticed the latest TechSpot newsletter was in my spam folder emblazoned with a big red warning that it contains a dangerous link.
SmartSelect_20190813-100409_Gmail.jpg

Everything does appear pretty normal; email is legit, addresses correct, the normal stuff. But if there is something in particular that's triggering it in the content, hopefully it can be found so it doesn't inconvenience you guys more or impact your trust score with Google's filters.

If it just were the normal grey spam warning I wouldn't think twice, report it safe as not spam and then promptly forget it ever happened, but the warning this time seemed a bit more serious.

Regardless, thanks for all your awesome content and the work your team does!

We noticed this as well in the last issue and are currently investigating. Even our @techspot email addresses are gmail based and the newsletter is still getting flagged.

We use mailerlite for managing the newsletter list which is a highly recommended service but maybe they got in the middle of something and that is affecting us indirectly.

Hopefully this will come to a resolution soon. Thank you for your report!

We weren't alone in experiencing this and Mailerlite has allocated a new IP address and other tweaks so hopefully our next newsletter issue that goes tomorrow will be delivered to our inboxes as they should. Thanks again for reporting @scragly !

Back