Nexus jupiter incident crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the game Nexus-Juoiter incident. I've been trying for three years
now to finish the game. Also upgraded my pc three times.
The pc crashes with a blue screen and these are the messages:

BUGCHECK_USB_DRIVER
0x000000fe(0x00000005, 0x89b29oeo, 0x10de005a, 0x89951180)

and

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0x0000000d1(0x8a5ff000, 0x00000002, 0x000000d1, 0xa5c955ab)

Current System:

Windows XP SP3
Mobo - ASUS M2N Sli
CPU - AMD dual core 4800+ driver version: 1.3.2.0
Graphics card - ATI Radeon X1600/1650 series driver version: 8.476.0.0
Onboard sound - C-media driver version: 5.12.8.709
Direct x - 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904)
RAM - 2 x 1GB Kingston 800MHz

Also installed the patch v 1.01 but no help. Infact now Angels' gatling
guns does not show the fired projectiles.

Oh man, I didn't think anyone else played this game! I really liked it played it through when it first came out on my laptop no problems back in 04/05 sadly I tried to reinstall it on my desktop and never got it to work properly a few years back. I kept getting the same error as you:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0x0000000d1(0x8a5ff000, 0x00000002, 0x000000d1, 0xa5c955ab)

I remember posting about it on there support forum, but never got a clear answer from anyone and since then it's just been sitting around :'( . Especially since the company no longer exists (bought out) I just kinda moved on. Maybe someone else here knows of a way to fix this I'll keep looking around maybe I'll find something.

I am sad to know that more people also had problems with it. It is a really great game! Yes I tried to get hold of the publishers/developers and according to Wikipedia, Mithis Enternainment now is Eidos Studios Hungary. Already contacted them, but no reply yet. Apparently there is a new Nexus in development, but that is just hear say.

U know i even started thinking that the cd's they burned the game onto migfht be faulty, weak quality OR that the speed they burned it at, which was slower than what todays roms' operate at, might be causing incorrect reading. Cause I tried to install it from my SATA dvd writer last week and after inserting the #2 disk the drive would be reading for a long time, only to display an error message. So I tried my IDE dvd writer and after a full 1 hour and 12 minutes it was installed! Only to discover that now I can't even finish the very first stage! The pc restarts...
Don't think I'll get a 24x speed cd rom anywhere anymore to proof that theory...

Thanks for the offer to keep a look out, much appreciated. :)

Ya, makes me sad I can no longer play it :( . Play Sins of a Solar Empire now instead for a space rts which is also a great game. And you're right they were developing a sequel! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZQEvg1V0Y"]Tech Demo[/ame]

Here is a tech demo of it, but sadly it got canned think HD Interactive owns the rights now.

You got to be kidding me. I also bought Sins of a Solar Empire five months ago. :)
Game not to bad but got tired of it. Will try it again sometime later. Thanks for the Nexus 2 demo!

Ya I enjoy space related RTS games :) so it was only natural to get it. I do enjoy the long games but it can get boring, wish it had more races thou 3 seems limiting to me 5-6 would be better. Maybe a future expansion will bring more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back