NFS Underground 2 freezing

Hello guys,

I have a little problem with this game. Every time I press "Esc" button to get into the menu, the game freezes for like 1-2 seconds and then everything comes back to normal. The same thing happens when I quit the menu or if I want to enter the Body Parts garage, for example, and I press "Enter Shop" it freezes again. I know it's not a big problem but it's getting more and more annoying.

Can anyone tell me what's the problem? Is it my PC or the game?

Here is my computer performance:
Memory:1 GB RAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 1.92 GHz

Thanks in advance.

could be your processor or graphics card, or both actually. while the game is not too demanding you do have some older hardware so there may be a bit of lag when you bring up in-game elements like menus. also, since you only have 1GB of physical RAM, you may want to make sure that nothing else is running as you play or that you don't have anything else using up precious processing power. you're graphics card also only has 128MB video memory so that could also factor in to why it freezes up but it's more likely to be the CPU and RAM. one last thing you could check is HDD fragmentation, which can have a detrimental effect on games.

Back