NFS Underground 2 / Nitro crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I installed NFS:U2 recently on my laptop and the game crashes when I use nitro 95% of the time, kicks in the "Program has ended" box, and randomly flips my screen 90° and sets the resolution back to 640x480...

At first it didn't do it, then it began to do it sometimes, then it does it everytime. Tried to emulate the game in Win XP, nope... Win 95? niet. Set graphics to minimum? Nada, still crashes.

Help? *Picture here the Coyote handing out a little panel*

Thx!

since the game is older, I'd like to rule out driver updates but if your computer is older it might be a good idea to download and install the latest set. i would also advise downloading an update patch for the game if there is one available. if the resolution is changing after the crash it's definitely related to the graphics driver, but may not be the driver itself. you may be able to find more information just by googling the problem.

As weird as it gets, it crashes only when the nitro is set to the "Alt" button, which is by default. By changing it to the "N" key, it doesn't crash anymore. Well a lot less, I played for 3 hours total today and it crashed only twice.

I've set the graphics to max in 640x480 minus lens glare and speed effect that I put to the minimum.

Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back