Nintendo 3DS to launch by March 2011, design not final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Nintendo's new 3DS gaming handheld was one of the biggest hits of last week's E3 show. Though we have yet to see it in person, many of those that have came out impressed with the hardware, claiming it ends all doubts surrounding the possibility of creating 3D effects without the need for glasses. But for all the praise it received, what Nintendo failed to reveal at E3 was an actual release date and pricing details for its next-generation gaming device.

Today Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime killed all hopes for a holiday debut, though. Speaking in an interview with IndustryGamers, the executive confirmed the Nintendo 3DS is coming by March 2011 to major markets. He didn't specify who will get the device first and how much it will cost, other than it is still "making individual market decisions in terms of what's happening in Japan, what's happening in the Americas [and] what's happening in Europe."

The new handheld reportedly took two years to develop and has already won widespread support from Electronic Arts, Konami, Activision Blizzard and other major game publishers. During the interview, Fils-Aime also said that one of the reasons for showing off the 3DS last week was to gauge the public's reaction to everything in the device, from the button placement to the depth slider and analog-type stick. The design of the device seen at E3 is not final, though, so Nintendo could still tweak a thing or two by the time the final product hits stores.

Permalink to story.

thatguyandrew92 said:
The design is not final means- WHOOPS everyone hates it, lets fix it. :D
I've yet to see anyone who hated the device. Every comment I read from people who saw it was that it works well and they're looking forward to it.

Anyway, March 2011 is a way off. On one hand, this means that it's hard to carry then enthusiasm until then. On the other hand, it means that developers can create a nice game lineup until release.

epicpie said:
imo dpad needs to be on top and that analog stick thingy should be on bottom.

Agreed. The disk would line up better with the buttons on the right side. Nintendo guys. There's a reason most people disliked your N64 controller. Bad button placement. Though that disk doesn't look to promising as we all know what used a disk and how bad it was. The intellivision. It either reminds me of that or a colecovision joystick with the top sawed off. I heard it's stiff and almost unusable.

Here you have it. Lets take a 2004 orginal outdated DS technology add 3D effects and call it the new 3DSi. OLD DS console with same specs in a new shell just like what they have done with the Wii (GameCube in a Wii shell with added wifi).........CRAP. I'm not one of those consumers that fall for this kind of bullsh..

I think we should start a petition to rename "Activision Blizzard" to "Blizzard"....I mean come on...it's like ketchup on fillet minion, some people may like it, but those people need to be beaten.

I would have to play with one first and see how much I liked the 3D aspect of it before I bought one. But it might be a nice replacement for my friends DS as her's has a big crack thru the screen :p.

burty117 said:
Guest said:
@realxboxmaster

Dude it has new specs...

Barely...
Then don't buy it. Simple as that. I think it will be pretty cool personally. Maybe it's just me being a Nintendo fan since I was young, but I don't really care if it doesn't have graphics similar to a PC or a PS3, they look improved enough to me.

Guest said:
burty117 said:
Guest said:
@realxboxmaster

Dude it has new specs...

Barely...
Then don't buy it. Simple as that. I think it will be pretty cool personally. Maybe it's just me being a Nintendo fan since I was young, but I don't really care if it doesn't have graphics similar to a PC or a PS3, they look improved enough to me.

Barely!

It has Barely changed at all all! just added a 3D effect to everything! its slightly better graphically and the screens seem nicer. but it has at the end of the day BARELY CHANGED!

burty117 said:
Guest said:
burty117 said:
Guest said:
@realxboxmaster

Dude it has new specs...

Barely...

Barely!

It has Barely changed at all all! just added a 3D effect to everything! its slightly better graphically and the screens seem nicer. but it has at the end of the day BARELY CHANGED!

ROFL.....Same BS, same hardware, same sh.t. Wait for the real HH, (PSP2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back