Nintendo reveals 3DS launch game titles

Emil

Staff

The Nintendo 3DS is launching on February 26, 2011 in Japan, on March 25, 2011 in Europe and on March 27, 2011 in North America. The device will have the same form-factor as the DSi and will be backwards compatible with both DS and DSi games. Users will also be able to download games via an online store, called the eShop.

Nintendo recently confirmed that the following games will be available upon the handheld's launch, in the UK at least:

• Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo)
  • nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends (Nintendo)
  • nintendogs + cats: French Bulldog & New Friends (Nintendo)
  • nintendogs + cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends (Nintendo)
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom / Distributed by Nintendo)
  • The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
  • PES 2011 3D – Pro Evolution Soccer (Konami Digital Entertainment)
  • LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
  • RIDGE RACER 3D (Namco Bandai)
  • Super Monkey Ball 3D (SEGA)
  • SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles (TECMO KOEI)
  • Asphalt 3D (Ubisoft)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (Ubisoft)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (Ubisoft)
  • Rayman 3D (Ubisoft)

That's just for day one; other titles coming soon to the Nintendo 3DS include: Steel Diver, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and new installments in the Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and Paper Mario series, all from Nintendo. There are also Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D from Capcom, Madden NFL Football from Electronic Arts, Crush 3D, Thor: God of Thunder from SEGA, PUZZLE BOBBLE UNIVERSE from Square Enix, DEAD OR ALIVE Dimensions from Tecmo Koei Europe, as well as James Noir's Hollywood Crimes, Driver Renegade 3D, Rabbids 3D, and Combat of Giants Dinosaurs 3D from Ubisoft.

Permalink to story.

I'm not a console or handheld gamer, but aren't most of those games listed quite old?

Disappointing line-up you have there, this is Nintendo not having a Mario game on day one to me is kinda a failure.

TomSEA said:
I'm not a console or handheld gamer, but aren't most of those games listed quite old?

Quite old? Starfox 64 was released in 1997 and Another Bloody Zelda : Ocarina of time was released in 1998. Quite old is quite the understatement. Might as well just call this the 3D retro gaming release..

launch titles kind of suck.. but i know that in a short while some bad-*** games will be released :) im still camping overnight for this :). so excited for the 3ds!

Back