i have a problem with my pc
I WANT TO BOOT FROM A usb ; so i choose from bios this :
load fail safe defaults
i restarted my computer but now i have :
- a black screen
- no access to windows
- no access to bios
just a black screen and no mouse ;
help me please (sorry for my bad english:)

You should have access to the BIOS at least. If you have a separate sound card installed, remove it. Also, remove any other PCI or PCI-E expansion cards except for the graphics card (if installed). See if you can get to the BIOS. Of course, be sure to shut down the PC before removing hardware.

If you only wanted to boot to a USB device, you should have just changed the boot device order in the BIOS or from the boot menu, not changed the whole BIOS to default settings.

If you have a separate sound card installed, remove it. Also, remove any other PCI or PCI-E expansion cards except for the graphics card (if installed)

actually I a don't have a separate sound card or draphics card ;
what should I do ?

Do you know how to clear a CMOS battery? Your motherboard manual should show you how.

need help plz

Come on buddy, you haven't told us anything about the hardware or software you're using. There are hundreds of pre made computers out there, and thousands of combinations if you are counting home made computers. While there are some solutions that will apply to ALL computers, most of the time some basic info is required to troubleshoot something. If you're asking for help on a computer forum you're going to get more answers if you provide some additional information up front.

What kind of computer are you using, what kind of software are you running?

BTW, as this isn't 4-chan, you may want to address us as "guys", lol.

Back