No admin accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laptop that I received that I didn't want to completely wipe. I just wanted to reset the local admin.

Normally these computers just have the HD's cloned. They all use the same various domains for access.

With this one, there are no local admin accounts. I don't just mean the name "administrator". I mean there are NO local accounts with local administrator privileges. I can't even access the computer in safe mode!

I attempted to use locksmith and Sala's Password Reset tool v1.1 but I still can't login locally with any of the local accounts. I attempted to upgrade one of the default accounts to admin and then renew the password. Also tried to create a new admin account. No changes ever show up.

I've heard there are ways to kill the local admin access but I never heard of a way that totally prevents the ability to add a new admin. It seems that the only way to access the laptop is via domain login, even though there is a local computer login option.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? Know of a way to restore local access?

You'd probably be better off wiping it and starting from scratch. Too much of a hassle just to get it working and you'd probably still have issues later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back