No audio after drivers installed

boland85

hello, so im a noobie when it comes to fixing my comp. i have reinstaled windows and i have driver robot and updated all my stuff yet my sound still wont work. i have tried going into control panel and tried to add hardware and nothing. i have tried "Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
then find the Windows Audio Service in the list
If it is stopped, restart it" i dont kno anything about my comp other than its an hp lol. i dont have a credit card to download Everest. im runnin out of ideas and i dont want to by a new comp! please help! it would be much appreciated

Cheers

Boland85

Are you using a laptop, or a desktop? What model HP are you using (if it's a laptop, the model # will be on a sticker located on the bottom of the laptop. If it's a desktop, it should be on the front, or back)? Instead of Everest, try Belarc advisor's free download .

What OS are you using?

Right click on "Computer" on the desktop, and select "Manage". Under "System Tools" on the left side, select "Device Manager" and look to see if your sound card is working properly. Don't worry about the services just yet.

As for your Driver Robot program, I suggest you uninstall it and get a refund. http://www.computing.net/answers/security/driver-robot-blitware-scams/28802.html Get a good antivirus program as well, and follow the steps listed here

thank you for your quick response and the info about Driver Robot. the only thing i can see on my actually computer case is the serial and this "HP pavillion a1106n" does that help? and i went into computer management and under Audio devices there is a yellow triangle with a ! beside SiS 7018 audio driver. and right click to update then i go thru the process and it says it could not find a better match. :( still dont kno what to do. i mean i think i found the problem but dont kno how to fix it!

oh sorry its not a laptop. and i ran the Belarc and i have a HP Pavilion 061 PY028AA-ABA A1106N 0nx1211RE101GOLD300 and the Main Circuit Board Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Goldfish3 1.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 3.21 04/29/2005. and what program do you suggest for driver updates instead of Driver Robot? thank you thank you thank you for you help btw!

first, an aside @Wendig0
I think i'll always now remember you for your "samich" post in other thread :D

And if i may also offer some info....
@boland85
1) You haven't told us which version of Windows you're using
2) A good place to start is HP Support site for driver downloads for the HP A1106N you'll find here. Select your OS, then download then try downloading the driver

As your system is so old (by pc standards), I would recommend just going to HP's site, typen in "Pavillion a1106n" without the quotation marks, and hit enter. In the drop down box select the operating system you have (I'm guessing it is Windows XP). You will find the most up to date drivers on their site, as they most likely aren't supporting that system anymore. Don't worry about downloading another driver update program.

Edit: LookinAround beat me to it

ok so i went to the HP website tried to update the driver then it said i didnt have UAA installed or something. so i tried that. had to restart my comp. then i tried the audio driver again and nothing. ummmm i have it set up to my TV monitor is there any way i can get sound to come from my tv speakers instead of my computer speakers? also, when i go into my SiS whatever properties i have a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" msg. again thank you guys for you help. :)

and i went to the SIS site and tried to set up i think an older version SiS 7012 and i tried the setup but it asks where i would like install it and i click next then the whole setup program is gone. doesnt say its done or anything. just dissapeared :( grrrrrr

lol so i unistalled sis 7018 restarted then reinstaled didnt work and now i dont even see anything in sounds, audio devices.

i've seen another member mike1959 suggest DriverEasy a couple times. And while I'm the first to be leery and cautious of "free" driver finder tools, I will note that i've downloaded DriverEasy to check it out myself and it looks good. And should be free (if you don't mind slower downloads which should be fine) Suggest you try it. Let us know if it helps to find the right driver.

If not, post back as well and we'll do something else

well i think im gonna be getting new computer in a few weeks anyways. its just that i dont have cable and i watch all my stuff on my comp. im loosing my mind with no music lol. and i just realized there was another audio driver on there i think. "realtek high def audio driver." is that pretty much the same as the driver i am trying to get to work?

well i think im gonna be getting new computer in a few weeks anyways. its just that i dont have cable and i watch all my stuff on my comp. im loosing my mind with no music lol. and i just realized there was another audio driver on there i think. "realtek high def audio driver." is that pretty much the same as the driver i am trying to get to work?

Your question is a bit backward...

The question is how do you find the correct driver for your sound card? Which is what we're trying to do next with DriverEasy

(i.e. your sound hardware dictates the drivers that will work. You can't pick any sound driver and hope it'll work with your hardware :) )

alright so i ran driver easy and there was no SiS driver this time it was a realtek high def audio driver. i installed it and restarted and nothing :( im getting a new comp soon anyways mine is pretty ancient. but im loosing my mind without music or sound. i dont have cable i just use internet to watch my shows online. lol

oh ok. so will this realtek thing work? and im sorry if im confusing i dont really kno what im talking about lol :p :)

oh ok. so will this realtek thing work? and im sorry if im confusing i dont really kno what im talking about lol :p :)

No worries :)

Is not doubt that figuring out sound cards and Windows audio let alone the "magic" of Windows drivers can be confusing :)

Let's try another approach to figuring out what's going on... This may (hopefully) help me identify just what's on your machine currently so maybe help figure out this problem

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Try this next:

Open Device Manager, look under System Devices for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
> Rt click, Uninstall

Then reboot. On startup Windows will reinstall the MS UAA Bus Driver. Let's see if it redetects/reinstalls your sound card as well.

If still no sound, repeat the Problem Report and DxDiag instructions again as you did before so i can see if anything changed since last time we tried it

ALSO...

you stated earlier..
also, when i go into my SiS whatever properties i have a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" msg.

Are you still seeing that message somewhere (in Device Manager??? or where??)

I saw that under control panel, sounds and audio devices then hardware and under properties I got that code. but now its gone I uninstalled it. I tried an older version 7012. still didnt work. I just tried the uninstall UAA and it did recognize it on start up and reinstalled it I guess but still the same msg when I do the diag.

Attachments

• DxDiag2.txt
    39.8 KB · Views: 2
Back