No audio device, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically when i install the "SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 6.10.0.5609" it installs it properly and on the device manager it says it has been installed, but there still is no audio device shown when i go to the sounds and audio device settings.

Anyone know whats wrong???

Thanks In Advance

Troy

if you tell us the brand and model of your mothboard or the brand and model of your pc and the version of windows you have we can help you out

no audio device

i have ibm thincentre 8183 i plugged speakers into my pc they worked fine when i shut off my pc then turned it back on i had no sound i have tried everything and it still says no audio device o i also have windows xp which i also reinstalled with no luck please help

i tried installing what u recommended and it still no audio

OH! I just realized that kyl1125 posted in someone else's thread.

@kyl1125
Normally i'd tell you to start/post your own thread (this helps keep problems and individual facts clear among different people with same symptoms)...

But as we hadn't heard back from htmltroyf5 yet....

So kyl1125:
> Are you running XP SP3 installed?
> Have you run Windows Update, clicked Custom and installed all hardware optional updates? (repeat Windows update till you it says no more updates)
> ONLY if the answer is yes to both the above then do the following

See if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back