No audio device

Can you give some more information about what you are using.
Also did it work properly in the past? Have you made any changes that might have stopped the audio from working?

when I had a problem with my hard drive which was not start up, i put it in one of the repair shops for scanning and updating when they finish up the necessary work done they ring me up to pick that PC. when i start up the machine it seems working very well, then later I discover that their was no audio device install.

If you have a brand-name PC, and it has the Windows system installed that it was sold with, then you can get the right audio drivers, by going to the PC makers website, then look for a link to 'Support & Drivers'.
(All the manufacturers have support; eg. Dell, Acer,Lenovo, Toshiba, just google your PC makers name, say; www.dell.com. But avoid the websites that offer to update the drivers for you, all correct drivers are free and on the makers site.)
Depending on the way the site is arranged, you may be able to choose an 'auto-detect' option, that will scan your pc, then download the correct (missing ) driver, or it may give you 'drop boxes' to select the type of pc, model etc.
Another way, is to go to your 'Control panel' ,'Hardware and sound','Device manager'. Look down the list for the entries with yellow triangles. Right-click on each, and choose; 'Update driver'.
Either way you should find the sound is working after the sound driver is installed.

Back