No audio devices are installed

Hi,

My audio device has stopped working. When I go into the control panel it tells me there are no adio devices are installed. However when I go to device manager the drivers are there and they say the device is working correctly. I then tried msinfo32 and got the following information:

NameRealtek High Definition Audio
ManufacturerRealtek
StatusOK
PNP Device IDHDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_101990B5&REV_1001\4&14A93FF&0&0001
Driverc:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhda.sys (6.0.1.5755, 2.15 MB (2,250,272 bytes), 11/06/2009 00:41)

NameIntel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI
ManufacturerIntel(R) Corporation
StatusOK
PNP Device IDHDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2802&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&14A93FF&0&0101
Driverc:\windows\system32\drivers\intchdmi.sys (6.10.1.2067, 109.50 KB (112,128 bytes), 11/06/2009 00:31)
Can some one please help me get my sound back up and running?
Thanks

Try disabling your audio device in device manager, reboot your computer and let the drivers reinstall.

If this does not work, try and download a new driver from your pc manufacturers website.

Hope this helps :)

Disabling the device then restarting will not solve it, it will probably start up as disabled and you will not have audio.

Things to try would be:
Download and install the newest driver.

Uninstall the driver, restart, and let it reinstall.

Buy an add-in Sound Card(Last Resort): I had an older computer, installed the Audio Drivers but it would say there was no Audio Device in the sound controls. No sound would come out. Installing the newest drivers, changing settings, nothing fixed it. Installed an add-in sound card (just a cheap one) and sound worked after drivers were installed for the card.

Disabling the device then restarting will force windows to recognise the device again and reinstall the drivers, just in case they have been corrupted.

Hm, I've never had windows reinstall a device when disabling it, as disbling it tells windows to ignore it. I had a problem with my card reader on my laptop for the longest time, never used it so I just disabled it and it never reinstalled, just stays disabled. Either way, would probably be best to get the newest driver.

Back