No audio output device is installed

Well after reading quite lots of threads related to "no audio output device is installed" and trying different things and suggestions I am stuck with this problem. The above message is shown under Vista and Win7. So I get this message in Vista and Win7. I have an acer aspire 9420 and the sound only works for a couple of minutes (no matter what the operating system is - I tried Win7, Vista, XPSP2 and XPSP3 and always installed the latest driver from the manufacturer site. I also downloaded and installed the latest bios version for this laptop.) And still no sound. I dismatled the laptop 4 times to look at the motherboard and see if anything is OK. There are no bad caps, or burnt or anything. I realized that after hardware reset the sound comes but only for 2-3 minutes at most. Then the sound is cut out and after reboot the Realtek High definition audio disapeears from device manager. My question is: if the hardware is faulty is it possible to work after harware reset for a few minutes? I also tried installing Backtrack5 and still the same. So it's obviously not an operating sistem issue, nor a bios one and not a driver either. I tried different versions of driver. Anyone could help me out?

Is this a New Acer, or have you had it for a while.
Many Acer's are not capable of being over-driven. They will become hot and sometimes fail when over-driven at high volume
If it is still under warranty, get it replaced or repaired, and hope you have not voided the warranty by doing your own internal examinations.
If out of warranty, it is possible you may need to replace the system board.
Now might be the time to have an experienced Acer tech take a gander at the innards.

well it ain't new and is out of warranty. I wouldn't have opened it if it was under waranty. I was asking if there could be be a hardware problem with the audio souncard (which is onboard of course). I wouldn't hink of buying a new motherborard cause I could simply buy a usb souncard and that would fix the problems with sound. I just want to fix it...and I am looking for an answer about the question I asked. If it was hardware problem....would it work after hardware reset ( pulling out the battery and keeping the turn on button pressed for 30 seconds) even if for 2 or 3 minutes? That's the question I would like an answer to. Thanks for replying me anyway......and pls excuse my english I am not an native english speaker.

Your English is fine... as good as anybody's.
Other opinions may vary, but I see no problem in trying what you suggest. That will rule out one concern, anyway. In my humble opinion, it won't answer the question
I would ask the Acer folks if there is an approved tech close to you who could evaluate the problem, otherwise, you have no choice but to send it back to Acer and waiting 7 to 10 days.
I gather it is an Acer Desktop unit. I would just buy a new sound card, as they aren't much more than the shipping cost to an Acer station, then deactivate the one on board, and be done with it. (Look for Creative, Turtle Beach, M-Audio, SiiG, Asus, or a used one. New ones start at about $20, but you might find a decent used on for $7 to $10.
Good luck.

It is a laptop not a desktop. I mentioned it in the first post but I have to admit I didn't make myself very clear. Istarted with what I have done and after that what was the problem. I wanted to avoid talking to acer techinicians cause I had another problem (with another acer laptop) and they did everything to make me send them the laptop for repairs instead of answering to a very simple question. I wanted to avoid asking a question and getting 10 answers to a question I didn't ask :) That was why I didn't ask for acer support....but I guess that I will have to. Maybe this time I will be luckyer. Thanks for answering!
As I played with the bios I didn't see any enable/disable audio controller either. So....I guess the cheapest option is to buy a usb sound card for laptop which is about 12 euro.

Back