No audio sound after installing soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

almatreb

a friend of mine just recently installed a new soundcard cuz his system just came w/integrated . which means theres an added audio port (expansion slot at the back lower part of the tower when he tried to play an audio using his external speakers w/subwoofers .it doesnt seems to works we check already the audio sound devices and configuration ,this speaker s are all working in a known good pc ,enhancement and drivers are properly installed anyway... we cant hear any audio sound or any indicator that there is an audio noise comin out of the system speakers.

the integrated audio port works fine but using the new expansion sound card port doesnt work . Do we need to disable somethinhg or turn off any audio device options inside the "BIOS" for us to be able to hear a sound cuz one of our friend told me that but were not really sure how to to do..it.. It appears really easy to fix this but were really both exhausted about this issues . by the way his sytem is already out of warranty he cant ask any support from his pc brand tech support anymore.......cuz he need to pay for the troubleshooting service.his sytem is DELL

What make/model is his PC?

See if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

its DELL XPS 9000 his bro bought this in US cuz most of the l8test portables or desktop of dell in US are not available in the philippines, there are limited model only here in the phil ...... its a cool stuff ...bcuz the tower is extra big I mean heavy ..compare to our normal desktops system processor specs is "core i 7 , soundcard specs.....creative labs sound blaster. 1 of our friend told us to get inside the system bios ......this friend of us share this idea according to thier company technician but he doesnt know all about the details how to do it....can u help us please what. to do what do we need to disable or turn off inside the bios cuz he said the integrated audio device inside the bios should be disable first 4 us to be able to hear a sound we dunno how to do it ...we dont want to screwed up or mess up w/the system

I can try to help but then you need to follow my instructions. Look again at my last post and follow the instructions and provide the information i requested

its alright man I appreciate your help .a friend of mine txt me how to do it inside the bios we disable/ turn off the integrated audio device inside the bios audio sound working now cool stuff ! have a grea8 stellar weekdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back