No boot and No video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a computer with Intel D845GVSR motherboard in it. Previously this computer used to work fine, but suddenly in the middle hard disk LED goes red instead of green. SO I shut it down for some time and restart it. It is used to work fine after that for some time and again the LED goes red. And once suddenly the hard disk LED goes red and I could not see in the monitor and it shut down right away. Initially I thought it was hard disk problem and purchased new hard disk and tried to install new os in that. After installation when trying to restart it could not start. Then again may be I thought the hard disk was not good. So I got the hard disk checked the guy in the store said it was fine no problem with the hard disk. Then I got a doubt with my original old hard disk of that computer, which is fine when I connected to the other computer, all files and folders exist normally.

Now the started doing all the swaps with the other computer, changed power supply, no boot. changed RAM and changed in even different slots no use. Purchased new video card no use. Now only options left over is change the motherboard, processor or monitor.

I did one more test as per Intel. I disconnected all the peripherals including harddisk, floppy drive, mouse and keyboard. I had only monitor, motherboard, memory and processor. The hard disk light does not glow ( no red or green). Nothing appears on the screen. When I disconnect the video cable, I get the message" Check the cable, no video signal" on thr monitor, so I suspected the monitor was not bad. I even got my friends monitor (but that he just laid it in the corner, I donot know this monitor is in working state or not) but no good.

I tried to boot with no memory card the board beeps three sounds, I checked the online manual it said it is the memory failure. So inserted the memory no beeps.

I tried even clearing the CMOS. but only problem I encountered is I could not recover the BIOS after that as CDROM is not reading, floppy drive is not reading. I recovery state the computer switches on right away when power is switched on but not reading anything, I could not see the display.

Please any suggestions or the computer out of the window???????

Thanks....for the reply......even I thought the same.....but changing the motherboard has no development so going to new computer with latest options.

Once again Thanks for the reply

I had the same problem but this was with a new cpu and mobo i had just bought. And i never solved it. My solution was to cry first while rocking in a back and forth motion. When you said you removed all peripherals, did you already have a video card coz your computer would think that it should put the display out on that instead of the integrated graphics...do you get what im saying? Other than that, i cant imagine what caused the original failure...

This mobo has video card inbuilt. Now I purchased new card. Still if you put in that PCI slot no output g=from the video card as well as I think the system is not booted up so no video I think. Even though I fixed the PCI card how to configure that card without seeing on the video. Apart from that I donot know any jumper settings on that board. I did not spend much time on searching the board layout on the internet.

May be any help from you.

Thanks

Thanks....for the reply......even I thought the same.....but changing the motherboard has no development so going to new computer with latest options.

Once again Thanks for the reply

I'm confused here... You changed the motherboard? How did we get from no POST, to a video problem?

I'm confused here... You changed the motherboard? How did we get from no POST, to a video problem?

Hi....same thing as I said before....the computer did not start....I could not see anything on the screen....that is what I said from the beginning.....nothing new I said.....this motherboard has video adapter in built on the board itself.
Now, changing the old board is almost same a latest board and processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back