No display after crash

Hi!

So I was AFK for about 2 hrs while my PC was on (no programs running). While I was gone it went into hibernation, and when I got back I wiggled the mouse to get it back on, and it shut itself down. I tried to reboot, but it only went in loops (wouldn't get any form for display). Now I can start the computer, but won't get a display on any of my screens. Neither the keyboard or mouse responds. All the fans are running smoothly, and I can't seem to find a problem with the PC itself. Is this a video-card issue?

Nightduck..

Can you get into 'safe mode';- (Boot then F8 straight away).
If yes, then go to and click on 'Use last known working configuration'.
That may be enough to sort it out.

"All the fans are running smoothly, and I can't seem to find a problem with the PC itself. Is this a video-card issue?"

Since that it is a PC, have you tried to remove the cables at the back of your CPU then bring it back?

Do you have an expansion card (video card) or just built-in?
If you have, I am sure that your VGA cable is plugged to it, then please try to unplug it then plug it to the built-in one. Then turn on your PC.

Please update us in any results, thanks .

Your pc is a Tower (desktop) not a laptop?
Could well be a PSU problem, Graphic card problem or RAM board.
You will have to eliminate each 'possible' one at a time.
So I would, power off. Take out the Graphic card. Power on, press F2 (if you know that is your BIOS key, but if not, it could be Esc or Del).
If you can see the 'on-board devices' entry, and 'integrated graphics' and can make it be 'auto' or 'use integrated graphics', (or similar words).
Press 'F11' (save settings and exit).
If that works than you know it was a graphics card problem. Have a good look at the gold edge connector, every gold pad should be shiny, with a small line on it where the socket grips it. Use a magnifier to look really closely. If any look dull, give them a clean with a pencil eraser.
Also can you remove each RAM board and refit it? Or try one board at a time. (power off between each change, don't remove any board or replace with the power on!!)
If that still doesn't work it could well be PSU. Not really possible to say any more, except to try/buy another.

Yes. Well explained Mike1959.
Nightduck, please try what Mike has said, this will clearly tells you what to do.

In addition, you can try another monitor. There's also an instance that your VGA cable is damaged.
You can try all those things, don't be afraid. Just make sure that you unplugged your power supply on the socket before you remove things from your MOBO.

please update us. ^^

None of those are working ): Checcked all the cables. re-connected the graphics card and tried all the RAM, but no success. But this can't be a pure graphic/monitor problem since neither of my USB-ports are working.

And I allso checked the the VGA and another monitor, but no result there either.

what to do now?

"And I allso checked the the VGA and another monitor, but no result there either."

Since that, you're telling that the fans are running but no display, I think it's with the V.C. or monitor.

If this is the case, are you saying that you have tried another video card? or use another monitor? ....If not yet, please try to replace your video card, or plug another monitor on your desktop PC. If you don't have another Video card yet, you can borrow your friend's V.C. and try that to your MOBO.

please update us. thanks

Back