No display after GeForce GTX 570 upgrade

spottydog10

Hello everyone, nice to be here.

I have an Asus p6t se and just upgraded the video card to an inno 3d gtx 570 but it wont boot, just gives 1 long and 3 short beeps. I swapped out the video card with my old one and it boots fine. I'm wondering if it's a power issue. On my Inno 3d gtx 570 are 6 power pins and 8 power pins, The box came with a converter for the 6 pins but not the 8 and I'm wondering if I need both.
Any light you could shed would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes you need both of the pins connected to the power supply.

What PSU have you got?

It's a coolermaster 500w.
In the box the video card came with just a 6 pin connector cable.
There doesnt appear to be an 8 pin power connector on the psu, can I use a converter and where do i plug the other end in?

Thanks

The minimum recommended PSU for your card is 550W so you probably should get a new one. Be sure to get one that has both types of connectors. Consider getting a good 650W PSU for added headroom.

There are a lot of good brands but I happen to have been using Corsair, Silverstone or Seasonic.

Right, I got an arctic 700wt psu today and still no joy.
I get one long beep followed by 3 short beeps, then I get one beep as if it's going to boot then nothing.
I've tried one 6 pin power and two 6-pin power cables in (one of them in the 8-pin socket)and no screen.

Anybody got any ideas cos it's doing me head in big time?

Given that your PSU is 700W, I would have thought that it came it a 6+2 pin connector... anyway that adaptor should work.

well, unless I'm being a bit stupid (quite possible)
Could you point me to a pic of the 2-pin please?
Actually, have a found a pic of one, definately didnt come with the psu.
Thanks for the help, Mike

Back