No display after starting games

driftcat23

My gf is crushed she just bought a brand new computer and everything has been working great no freeware everything installed quick and easy and she went to play Star Wars and the monitor cut out and the error message read:

"Cannot display this video mode, change computer display input to 1024x768 @ 60Hz."

Only problem is that is what I'm set at. I did it in the actual video card program and in windows display.
Deleted and re-installed the latest official driver for the video card directly from the mfg website.
Thought it might be a power issue on the card but I enabled the power saving settings in BIOS and unplugged the pretty case fans and still no dice. Tried two different PSU tests and they both suggested around 350 and I'm over that.

AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz
Radeon 6670
8GB DDR3 1333Hz
500GB @ 7200rpm
500W psu

Thanks guys for all your help I'm about out of ideas and hair by now =/

Possible its the PSU the computer is like 8 ft away and I already forgot the brand by the time I sat down so thats not a good sign =/ 14A on the +12v so probably lookin at 10A at peak load. Seems weak but mine is overkill I have an 1100W Antec PSU might try swapping them tomorrow and see if her set up works with my ps but let me know what you guys think.

I'd say it's worth a try. A 500W PSU with a 14 amp 12V rail sounds a bit underpowered. If nothing else, it can confirm or eliminated the PSU as the problem.

I figured out its not the computer its the monitor.

Magnavox 15MF605T/17

I've gone online and no tech support is offered other than some simple FAQs and the owners manual. They don't offer email support so you have to call. If you call the number you get a Funai Representative who was rather sassy and unhelpful. She'll differ you to Philips. They've split from magnavox and don't handle any products anymore so they'll suggest you look online at magnavox.com. You can try calling that number again like I did but she'll be even more cranky with you and she'll just tell you to google it.

Bottom line is Magnavox has now taken the cake as the worst customer service I've dealt with yet. Avoid them like the plague.

I have a hp 18 inch lcd with resolution 1366x768 (recommended). And I have Umax vision tv tuner. I have problem of "out of range" when I am trying to play tv on my computer. It was perfectly run from since I purchased my tv tuner. But from last week whenever am trying to play it, system displays the msg "out of range". I can listen the audio of the tv channel but cant see the picture as system displays the "out of range" msg. It seems some setting might be changed in either tv tuner or lcd.
Kindly help me in this matter.
Thanks
Rajesh Kumar
rkumar_772003@yahoo.co.in

Back