No display on my monitor, sometimes it works

Ok, so about 4 days ago, I received a used desktop off of eBay without an OS (I know, not smart but I was able to install windows 7 on the computer) and the whole time I have owned this computer, the computer will do the same thing: It boots up, but the whole time, nothing shows up on my screen. But sometimes, the computer will turn on, and do everything right, but even when it works, after about 5 minutes, the computer either stops displaying on the monitor, or just freezes the screen. Also, when the computer is working, when it starts up, the power supply starts normal, but then sounds like its at half power, then goes back to normal, then the computer starts up, and everything works. But when it isn't working, the computer just stays at normal power, and nothing shows up on the screen. I know the problem isn't my monitor, I have tested it. I also know it isn't my graphics card, I tested that too. By the way, I had to install windows with a flashdrive, but the optical drive seems to be working, I have been able to install a few graphics card drivers. If you want me to show you a video of what it sounds like, I can do it.

Here are my specs if you need to know:
Graphics Card: nVidia GT240
CPU: Pentium D 945 Dual Core 3.4 gHz
Motherboard: PC Chips P53G
PSU: Frisby, 350 Watt
Optical Drive: Lite-On Super AllWrite IHAS124-04

Back