No display on teleprompter from laptop

New guy here!

I have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop running an ATI Radeon 9000 AGP video card with XP. I want to run PROMPT (a teleprompter software) into an old school Listec A-2009 Teleprompter (CRT?) from my laptop.

The Teleprompter only has BNC IN/Out connectors. I have patched a DVD player directly into the teleprompter using a RCA/BNC adapter and it worked great.

So, I figured I could use a VGA connector out from my computer with an RCA cable on the other end. (The VGA output works, because I can send my computer screen signal to a projector or a second computer monitor and that looks great also.)

So now go from VGA to RCA plug into the BNC adapter on the teleprompter. No signal. I also did all the setting changes to my computer: dual monitor settings, FN +F8, and updated my drivers. I’ve tried S-Video 7 pin connections from the back of the computer and this also appears not to work. Also, as of yet I have been unable to show my laptop screen on my TVs, regardless of the cable connection type.

What am I missing? How do I get my laptop screen to show on the teleprompter that has BNC connectors?

I've done lots of research and even bought a video converter. Do I need some type of scan converter? Is my laptop video card able to send the signal to the teleprompter? Any input would be helpful. Also anybody have a copy of a user manual for Listec A-2009 Teleprompter.

Thanks

Aspect Ratio
The ratio of width to height for an image or screen. The North American NTSC television standard uses the squarish 4:3 (1.33:1) ratio. You will probably need a converter to give you this aspect ratio output to the teleprompter input

Back