No forum search in Google Chrome?

learninmypc

Using my Google Chrome browser there is no forum search available but it is there in Firefox ,why??

AFTER updating to Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit), the Forum:search drop down reappears

Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit) & still no forum search. To the right of my name its supposed to show the twitter,fb & another icon or 2 along with the magnifying glass search box, in Firefox it shows, not in google chrome & I have the same version as you @jobeard

Hmm, I'm using the same version as both of you and I have still the option to search.

Attachments

• 2017-05-07.png
    2017-05-07.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 2
Hmm; in the BLUE bar just below that, on the far right, is FORUMS. Float the mouse over it and you get a drop-down

Yes, I get that too but I'm talking about like it is in Firefox. Mine disappeared in Google Chrome some time back. Ok, I'm not going to be too concerned, was just curious, thank you :)

I have the Spyglass, but you don't :sigh: I never user it as that also searches outside TS, while the drop down searches specifically and only TS

Yes, notice results from non-TS domains, 'winamp.appolis.com/...' ' convertpdfnow.com/...'

Sorry but I don't know where you're seeing the "winamp.appolis.com/...' ' convertpdfnow.com/...'" at but I'll continue using the magnifying glass in firefox if need be. Thank you for your help/input. :)

I have yet to look into this, but I can confirm Chrome v58 works just fine here and shows all the UI.
This could be related to a number of things: a browser extension, Platinum status, browser window size...

@learninmypc do you see search in the homepage?

PS: winamp.appolis.com thing is a Google ad on top of the search results.

At the same link in firefox,, I see my username, facebook,twitter & what I think is an RSS icon & the magnifying glass last.

I have tested many things, versions of Chrome, in different platforms, can't replicate the bug of search not appearing. It works everywhere for me. :eek:

Problem solved, its my adguard adblocker doing it.I didabled it & came in here & now I see what was blocked. It somehow somewhere got installed & it stopped ALL ads in the tv shows I watch on cbs. Funny thing is I have it on firefox too but not same effect. Thank you @jobeard @TheDreams & @Julio Franco

Back