No Internet access

cableman

It was working fine until I awoke to find it had suffered a serious shutdown. From then on no internet access.

I am using sn HP Probook 4525s with Windows 7 the rest of my computers on my router are fine but they are hardwired. The laptop is the only one using wireless. I also have a port for a hardwired connection and I have tried it to no use.

I show a connection to the router but have no internet access. I contacted support but they only said I have a problem with my laptop and they can't help with that.

I am stuck. If anyone can help please give me some advice.

The first thing to verify is the device drivers.

right-click My Computer->Manage
find the Device Manager and click [+] to expand it
scroll to Network adapters
look for any red or yellow markers and get those resolve
(you can ignore any 1394 device; that's the firewire interface, not an internet device)

you can then see this post for common issues with networking configurations

I checked not only the network adapters but everything in the device manager and there were no conflicts. I will now read the post you listed.

Have you tired to uninstall and reinstall the network drivers from device manager if so i would recommend a full reinstall or s system restore.

I believe that you are right. I think that too many files are corrupted and many of the necessary start up programs are not running and that is keeping my system from working properly. I am locked out of many essential controls that need changing to fix the problem and I am in Administrator mode.

I want a copy of Windows 7 professional where I can add my own COA sticker numbers so it will be perfectly legit. Do you have any suggestions where I can download an OEM Windows 7 Professional that allows me to enter my own serial numbers?

System Restore is one of the main programs that I am locked out of. Believe me I have tried. I got this laptop through my college school online and it has Microsoft word 2007 and I don't want to lose that program. Do you know if it comes with Windows 7 professional? I have a legitimate copy and legitimate COA sticker for Windows 7 Professional but as you know the manufacturers don't send any discs with the computers anymore and I can't afford that much money for the program and I have to use it for my school papers. I am out of work and going to school online for a degree so I can get a better job if possible in this economy.

You can always go to OpenOffice to get compatible Word, Excel & Powerpoint :)

Was office preinstalled or did it come on a seperet disc? if it came on a disc and you are out of licencis you should be abel to talk to microsoft for renowing a one licence.

i have done this with them and they only needed pop. :grinthumb

It came installed on the computer that the college sent me and they want me to turn all my essays in done with Microsoft word. I have the legitimate COA sticker for Windows 7 but I don't think that will help me with Microsoft. Do you think the laptop is so bad it has to have Windows re-installed.

I just thought, I have another computer (A Dell) but I could make a windows image and clone it since it has Microsoft Word on it. Would that work?

get a USB thumb drive, copy the files to it and then use the files wherever you can insert the USB.

Back