No internet after program download

I have been looking around the internet for solutions for my problem but i cannot find any
A few days ago my internet was working fine and my network adapters were as well

After I installed some program my wireless internet card doesn't work.

I went to device manager and 5 of my internet devices have yellow triangle "!" marks

here are the names

Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_0565107B&REV_01\364CE00000 This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8199&SUBSYS_819910EC&REV_22\D644160000 This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

WAN Miniport (IP) ROOT\MS_NDISWANIP\0000 This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

WAN Miniport (IPv6) ROOT\MS_NDISWANIPV6\0000 This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

WAN Miniport (Network Monitor) ROOT\MS_NDISWANBH\0000 This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

I tried system restore and it did not work
I tried getting programs to help but nothing worked

I have a vista-32 bit computer

It appears the drivers are not installed, or the incorrect drivers are installed, or you have a defective RealTek. Some RealTeks have a switch that must be set. Some RealTek's require updated firmware download to work with VISTA. Firmware and driver updates are always available at the mfg site, but not always easy to find ezactly where they are..
You might also dry a gurgle search for RealTek RTL8101E and for simply RTL8101E drivers or Firmware.

What program did you download and install? Perhaps the PC has malware of some kind.

@raybay It has never had a problem until that download and it screwed everything up. I have tried to look for the drivers on Google but i can not find the right one. I am really going to go to a shop or something if it doesn't get fixed by today its caused to much problems

@mailpup The program was Zonealarm and i already had a virus scan when it was downloading.
I remember something coming up on my virus scan about suspisious driver installation or something like that.

Sometimes all that is required is an uninstall, and reinstall of ZoneAlarm, then if that doens't help, uninstall and reinstall your wireless.
I am a user of ZoneAlarm, but they have done some quirky things over the years, including wiping out program installs because there was a file that was suspect.
I didn't realize the program was ZoneAlarm, but it is likely that something in the RealTek looks like an evil program to Zone Alarm.
I would uninstall ZoneAlarm, then reinstall the RealTek. Betcha it then works. There are seven other free Firewalls that work about as well as ZoneAlarm.

Raybay.

I have uninstalled it and my network adapters still do not work. how would I reinstall realtek? i don't know how to uninstall realtek

Hi Andresr

For now, you should only care about two entries in Device Manager
> Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) is your hardwired LAN adapter
> Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter is your wireless network adapter

Isn't clear what may have interfered with the drivers (maybe malware as mailpup said) or ZoneAlarm - tho if you've already uninstalled ZoneAlarm try this.

1.Identify the make and model of your computer. I'm assuming both your wired and wireless adapters came with your computer?

2. To find your drivers. Find your computer vendor's website (e.g. Dell? or HP? or the motherboard provider)
> Click to see many System Vendor's web sites here
> Look in their Support section
> Enter your computer or motherboard model number. They should provide you the drivers

3. Once you locate the drivers, first uninstall the current ones. To uninstall, open Device Manager and rt click on the network adapter, select Uninstall

4. To reinstall the driver, you'll need to download the driver (from step 2) on to a USB flash card so you can manually copy the driver to the problem machine. Then just double click the file to run it and it should install itself

Suggest you focus on just the wired LAN driver first. It's usually easier and once it's working should be easier to get the wireless working

/* edit */
Actually, since malware is suspicious you should also rescan your computer BEFORE you connect the USB flash drive to that machine

Ok im going to go look for downloads. Should I look for once with the exact name?

All my network stuff is built in just letting you know

Go the the System Vendor/Manufacturer web site for your computer make/model... You should see the Ethernet driver listed there as a Network driver.

If you tell us your computer make/model i can look for you as well.

I clicked the link for gateway drivers and nothing came up. I am going to try to go to google once more to see if i can find a download.. What am i suppost to be downloading again? was it the whole driver? device software for the driver? or just firmware? i believe it is the whole driver?

If you enter your computer information at your providers support site it will narrow it down to the correct drivers for you.

Just match up the names, like you said above, and all is good!

It is usually pretty likely that you'll only have realtek drivers anyway, as they're pretty commonplace these days. If there are several options, get the version numbers. You want the latest ones (with the highest version number) as they'll likely have been updated over time.

Look here: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/dlcenter.asp?cmpid=topnav It just needs your Gateway serial no. Or click the "browse all downloads" tab to narrow it down from the complete Gateway list.

If you enter your computer information at your providers support site it will narrow it down to the correct drivers for you.

Just match up the names, like you said above, and all is good!

It is usually pretty likely that you'll only have realtek drivers anyway, as they're pretty commonplace these days. If there are several options, get the version numbers. You want the latest ones (with the highest version number) as they'll likely have been updated over time.
Good advice from Leeky :)

Also, i found this Gateway link. Enter your computer serial number and it looks like they'll give you the drivers for your model (usually there's a metallic tag with S/N. Look on bottom of a laptop or the back of a desktop chassis)

Ok I have found one of the drivers! Thanks! now i just need to install them to my computer.. I am going to do some stuff then I will keep working. Thanks so far people I need this done.

I would recommend at this point making a copy of all the drivers for your system while your on the Gateway site.

You can burn them to CD then and have them in case of any need to use them in the future. Or even use a USB stick or something.

Comodo's firewall is also very good. Its a bit of a annoyance to begin with as it seems to ask permission to even breathe, but once setup and its built its list of trusted programs and actions its very solid. Its also free, and you can even have a built in Anti-Virus internet security suite for nothing as well.

I highly recommend Comodo free editions to friends and family using Windows OS. www.comodo.com

@Leeky I have a virus scan but thanks

Ok people. I uninstalled the driver or whatever and i tried installing the other but while that was happening my computer asked to locate the driver i deleted? how do i remove the old driver forever?

To be honest I think Zonealarm has already done that for you. lol.

I'd just install the .exe's you downloaded, and then go from there.

I do but when it is almost done the deleted corrupted adapters come back? I tried uninstalling from device manager and from uninstall a program

Sorry, are you asking if they will come back?

Or are you saying they are coming back?

i uninstall and restart my laptop and when i turn it back on it it says installing device driver software in the corner and it just does it automatically and its not letting the good driver install.

I installed the first one and the yellow sign went away and it was good for a few seconds then the installing device driver software box came up and tried to install the uninstalled drivers.

it is getting annoying

When you reboot, when Windows detects Plug and Play hardware without a driver it pops up the New Hardware Wizard (which i'm guessing is what you're seeing). When it starts, just click Cancel

Note: The Hardware Wizard will be called if EITHER the wired OR wireless adapter has no driver. So if you uninstalled both but only reinstalled one so far, that's why

As above.

You could always side step the new hardware found wizard by heading straight to the device manager, right clicking the required driver and then selecting update driver. It should then locate the latest driver since the installation has been completed.

Lookinaround i just did what you said and i barely just read what you posted its funny

Well I am currently installing my wireless LAN driver right now and I hope it works!

That is the LAN is it not?

Its gone midnight here, (so I'm likely confusing myself due to tiredness) but what is it trying to install in new hardware wizard?

Go to device manager and let us know what network device(s) have the yellow triangle with ! against them please. :)

Back